Chapter 38

After Bailey and I took our trip to Australia, we were thrown right back into school. Finals were close, which meant graduation was also very close. Everything felt like it was going at high speed. Our lives were focused on studying, trying to get our grades right while fighting senioritis. I would be lying if I said Bailey didn't have to yell at me every now and then to do my homework. But who wants to do homework their last few weeks of senior year?

Our friends were all getting acceptance letters into colleges and figuring out their future. I was glad I decided on staying around and going to community college because all of our friends were stressed out. Ashton, Casey, Ally, Michael, and Calum had all been accepted into college, so now they had to chose where they wanted to go. I was kind of happy I didn't have to deal with a decision or moving, but at the same time I slightly felt like I was missing out on the college experience. But, I got to stay home with Bailey and have her by my side. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

I stared at the clock on the wall until the final bell of the school day rang. I usually took a right out of class to meet Bailey to go home at the end of the day, but today I took a left. Ashton, Calum, Michael, and I had started to become more of a serious band. Serious may be the wrong word, but we practiced together and covered some songs occasionally. It was a hobby we all learned to love, and it helped us destress. We vowed to practice as much as we could because it we would post a few things online from time to time. Just four dudes hanging out. It was fun.

Today we all decided to meet at Ashton's for some practice. I made my way down the hall where I found Michael standing by the door.

"Hey," I said as I pulled my keys out of my pocket and we headed towards my car. Calum rode with Ashton since they had the same last period together. I took the keys from out of my pocket as Michael and I came closer to my car. I unlocked it so we could both get in and I drove towards Ashton's.

"Did you see we got some comments on our last youtube video?" Michael asked scrolling on his phone still. I shook my head, honestly I loved music. I lived for it, but it wasn't my focus right now. It was a hobby I had in common with my 3 best friends, but that's all it was. We weren't getting far with it and that would be fine.

I parked outside of Ashton's house and we made our way inside where we found Ashton and Calum in the kitchen where Ashton was eating a banana.

"Why are you always eating a banana?" Michael chuckled. It was true, Ashton probably had a banana twice a day. I knew he always had one at lunch.

"Because they're good and they're good for you. Fuck off mike," Ashton said throwing his banana peel into the trash before leading us down to his garage.

Michael and I put our guitars over our heads, strumming a few chords as Calum did the same with his bass. Ashton had it easy, he just sat down on his drum kit, not really having to tune anything.

"So what are we doing today?" Calum asked turning up the volume on the shitty amp we had.

"Uh .. teenage dream?" Ashton asked making Michael and I nod.

We ran through the song probably 6 times trying to figure out who sounded best where. We hadn't been very productive though. Calum either forgot the lyrics, Michael got distracted, Ashton sneezed a few times, and I was just feeling lazy. At one point Michael even picked up some ping pong balls Ashton had on a shelf and started throwing them at us.

"Okay last time," Ashton said making us focus back in before counting us off to start.

"Let's go all the way tonight," I sang as Michael walked close to me moving his eyebrows up and down with his usual smirk on his face. I stopped playing because I had to laugh. "You always have to fuck it up," I laughed at Michael's dirty mind.