Chapter 6: Inevitable

A/N: Hey guys, Happy New Year! ahaha... Oh boy this is overdue, I'm so sorry! I wanted to apologise in advance for how...fast paced this chapter might seem (or at least in comparison to all of the other chapters so far). And minor spoilers for this chapter but I also wanted to say that Byleth explaining the rules of chess was written because embarrassingly I always forget how to play (and I hope I'm not the only who has this problem lmao) so now I know where to go lol. 

Anyways yeah, this is all I have to say. I might edit this chapter later if I'm not satisfied with it but we'll have to see. Now no more chatter, let's just get into it!

-----

Byleth found herself staring at the boy with the yellow hair.

The amount of coincidences...it was straight up ridiculous.

"Byleth?"

She snapped out of her thoughts as Annette put her hand on her shoulder.

"You were spacing out for a moment there, you alright?" Annette asked.

"I'm fine... Don't worry Annette." Byleth nodded to Annette and stopped focusing on the boy.

Finally someone in the clubroom spoke. A boy with blue hair and with freckles on his cheeks to be specific. "Um Annette...?"

He stopped himself from speaking any further.

Annette spoke up to explain her actions. "Now this might seem a bit out of place but she needs to find a place to study because apparently the library is full of chatter so I suggested for her to work here!"

They all seemed a bit puzzled by this suggestion.

Well except for two people there. Alexandre refused to look at her and Gautier was smirking at him for some reason.

Byleth sighed, she knew exactly why he was avoiding eye contact.

"Listen, I'm not against her studying here but we might be disruptive considering how intense some of us are..." The girl, Ingrid that she met the other day said that as she shot a look at a boy with dark blue hair as she said that.

Byleth shook her head. "Do not worry about that, I normally study with my headphones on so I most likely won't hear you. I promise I won't cause any trouble either."

"Oh no! I know you won't cause trouble, I'm just worried if we will unintentionally do so for you." Ingrid held her head down in shame.

Byleth shook her head and smiled at Ingrid's concern. "Don't worry, I highly doubt that you'll be disruptive but would you all mind if I studied in the corner table over there?"

Ingrid nodded. "Well I have no objections and I do owe you from yesterday after all."

"Owe her...?" Annette asked.

"I bumped into her as she was getting her food and she ended up not eating." Ingrid seemed rather embarrassed.

Gautier giggled. "Hahaha! That's right you did, didn't you Ingrid?"

Byleth shook her head. "Not a big deal Ingrid."

The girl with long pale blonde hair seemed puzzled. "Um pardon me but you don't seem familiar... Oh! Are you that transfer student everyone is talking about?"

Byleth nodded. "Yes I am."

"Oh that's you? People won't stop talking about you in my class due to the fact that you hung out with the most popular girl in the school." A boy with white hair, said out loud.

"Hmm? Popular girl?"

Gautier's eyes widened. "You mean you don't-"

"Hey, why don't we introduce ourselves before we get into a discussion, I mean I highly doubt that she knows any of your names." Annette interrupted them all.