Chapter 2: In The Rain

To say that blonde haired boy was shocked from what was happening right now would be an understatement.

He came here on this very day and time to grieve, listen to his inner voices, to remind himself what he must do...

He didn't come here to be comforted by some random stranger.

He would've walked away but for some reason...

He didn't...

They both stared at each other and they both felt something weird when they did so which was unlike any feeling they've felt before.

He didn't know why but when they were staring at each other... He also felt...relaxed...safe...?

Like if everything was going to be just fine...

But he also felt nervous and a bit embarrassed...

She must've noticed that he calmed down when she came over so she gave him a smile.

...He didn't realise a smile could be so...comforting somehow...?

...and from some random stranger too...?

She finally said something after a long while of staring. "Hey...Are you ok?"

The yellow haired boy didn't know how to respond to that...

He didn't know what to say...

He saw the kindness in her eyes and tone of voice.

It was so unusual...he doesn't even know this person but she has somehow quieted the demonic inner voices in his head from just saying four words...

It was the weirdest thing...

She walked a bit closer as she still had the umbrella over his head. She said something again. "Are you...feeling ok?"

The boy shook his head and tried to shrug it off.

"S-sorry...Am I in the way? I'll..um leave. M-my apologies.." He asked rather awkwardly and turned away.

"Of course not. I was just worried about you.." She responded quickly.

He didn't look at her. "...I apologise for sounding impolite here but...why would you be worried about me?"

"You looked...like you were heartbroken about something...and I don't know why but it hurt me to see someone hurt like that."

He looked back at her and was completely confused.

She said something again. "I know we may not know each other but...I couldn't just leave you there."

He looked back down at the ground for a second and then back at her.

He finally smiled. It wasn't fake either, it was genuine.

He stood up from the bench and turned towards her. "Thank you for...worrying about me. I hope you don't mind me asking this but.... Could you please tell me your name...?"

He didn't realise how awkward the question sounded to ask some random person he doesn't even know but...he wasn't thinking clearly right there and then...

She blinked a few times when he asked that.

She then opened her mouth to respond. "My name is Byleth Eisner, it's nice to meet you."

-----

Byleth took a deep breath after she introduced herself to this unfamiliar person.

She reached for his hand since that was apparently a way to greet people when you meet them according to her father, which was strange because she never did see many people that often.