Chapter 4: Odd First Meetings

When the bell rang for lunch, Byleth couldn't even leave her seat.

She was surrounded by students...everywhere around her.

Some of them weren't even in her class.

"Your name is Byleth Eisner, yeah? You're the new transfer student?" One of the students asked.

"Yes." Byleth said.

"Have you joined a school club yet?" Another student asked.

Byleth shook her head and they all seemed really excited by that.

She started to wish that she didn't tell the truth here.

"Please join the netball club! We need one more person and since you're friends with Edelgard, you can-" One person asked.

"No Join mine! Join the literature club!" A red haired girl cut in.

"What's so good about literature Monica?" Another girl poked her tongue out.

Byleth really tried to find a way out of this. They clearly didn't care for her that much.

"Woah hasty! Guys are you all really trying to recruit someone you just met? That's tactless, really." The guy who was referred to as Von Regan jumped into the conversation.

They all glared at him while Byleth just stared at Von Regan. She was confused. She was also the same guy with the emerald eyes that were staring at Byleth and Edelgard.

"We don't want to hear that from you Claude, you're only saying this because you want her to join your silly club right?" One of the students snapped. He had purple hair and quite possibly the worst haircut that Byleth had ever seen.

It seemed like that must be his full name. Claude Von Regan.

"Oh of course not Lorenz, but even if so, I know better to corner her. You all are literally not letting her out of her seat. You do realise it's lunch time right? She's probably hungry and wants to go to the cafeteria." Claude sighed.

None of the students said anything. They just walked away but continued to have their glare on Claude.

Claude then smiled at Byleth and offered his hand. Something about the smile didn't feel right though.

Like it didn't reach his eyes.

Byleth stared at him, not sure what she should do.

"Heh, sorry Byleth. That must've been rather frustrating to deal with." Claude laughed.

Byleth didn't want to admit it but it was a bit frustrating. However she didn't express this on her face.

Byleth shook it off and grabbed his hand. She stood up and let go to thank him. "Thank you."

Claude nodded. "Don't mention it. Oh yeah, I should introduce myself. I'm Claude Von Regan. You seemed to have had it tough. A transfer student being pestered by desperate students who were mainly fans of her royalness to join a school club and being in the worst teacher's homeroom. Do you need any help in getting to the cafeteria?"

Byleth nodded. "Yes, I don't quite understand this map. Where exactly is the cafeteria?"

"Would you like me to tell or take you there?"

"Tell me to be honest." Byleth admitted.

Claude grinned again and then walked to the door of the classroom and got Byleth to follow behind.

He then pointed straight ahead. "You go there, then you use two stairs to go down two floors then take a right and another left. You'll find basically the students' favourite room in this entire school."