Chapter four: Bad guy

Please take a moment to vote for this chapter by tapping the star.

I mistakenly uploaded chapter four before chapter three so read chapter three then come back to this one. Sorry for the inconvenience

Cheryl

That day, Wana had volleyball practice so I had to walk home alone. That means I had to wait for her to be from school to tell her all about Charles.

When I got home, I was surprised to see my mum back home because she told me she would be home late.

" Oh hey, you're back home. How was school?" She asked sounding eager to know how my day was. I didn't want to worry her by telling her about the whole Lisa tripping me in the hallway issue so I just had to pretend that my day was great

"It was great." I lied helping myself to the kitchen to get something to eat hoping the food would help me to forget about the embarrassment I experienced at school today.
Food has always been my escape from reality and I needed to forget what transpired at school even if it was for a second.

"Am glad to hear that." She said with a smile on her face. " Anyway,am going back for work now. I just came back to pick up some files and thought I would wait a little longer till you came back." I knew she was worried about me because I had experienced emotional breakdowns at my previous school owing to my father and brothers death so me telling her school was great was a relief because I had never said that in a while.

After she left,I went up to my room to take a shower. When I was done with showering, I rummaged through my still unpacked closet in search of my favorite pair of sweatpants and a black hoodie that belonged to my brother. Everytime I felt stressed or needed to forget something,I would put on his hoodie and I seemed to forget everything.

I quickly got ready and decided to do my homework before I headed downstairs to watch some TV. Right before I could sit down to do my homework,my phone rang and when I looked at the caller ID I instantly felt like a horrible person. It was Mubanga,my best friend who I was supposed to call three days ago.

"Hey Mubanga" I answered,with so much enthusiasm hoping that she would forget that her best friend had forgotten to call her for three days but she wasn't having any of it.

"Don't Mubanga me. Why haven't you called me all these days?" She began " I thought you had died for goodness sake." There she goes again, being the drama queen she has always been. I knew I was in for a good shouting at because she wouldn't leave me be easily.

"Am sorry." I apologized " It's just that I had a lot of work to do and a lot on my mind." I continued. I had never moved before so all this moving and starting life over was making me loose touch with everything and everyone around me. She seemed to have understood me because she didn't push the issue any further.

"So tell me, how many hot guys have hit on you since you started your new fancy private school." I knew this question was coming sooner or later so it didn't come as a shock. I spent the next one and a half hour telling her about our new house and the encounter I had at school. When I was done talking to Mubanga,I went over to Wana's house where I had to narrate the very story I had told Mubanga a while ago. Wana and Mubanga were so much alike that if Mubanga were here,they would definitely be best friends.

The next day,I was awakend by the sound of my alarm piercing through my ears. I didn't want to go to school especially after what happened but I just had to despite knowing fully well that everyone was going to be talking about me. I forced myself out of bed,threw on my uniform, tied my hair in a bun and put on the usual mascara and lip gloss then went downstairs to have my breakfast.

I poured myself a glass of juice and placed some cookies on a plate. I knew Wana was going to be knocking at my door any second so I sank my teeth into the cookies and gulped down all the juice in one go. Moments later,Wana came by and we walked to school together.

On our way to school,the words ' Its gonna be ok everyone will forget about it in a week or two' suddenly became my mantra because I had said them the whole way from home till we got to school. When we finally got school,I took a deep breathe, said my mantra and walked through the beautiful French doors at the schools entrance

Wana must have seen how nervous I was because she held my hand, just like my mum would do when I was nervous

"Don't worry, it's going to be ok" she assured me.

I nodded in agreement, took another deep breathe and walked into school. As we walked through the halls I could feel the stares I got from all the students and I could hear others whispering "that's the girl". I rushed to my locker, shoved my books in,said goodbye to Wana and rushed to English class.

When I got to class i found some guy who I didn't recognize making out with some girl from science class.

" Am sorry,I didn't mean to.... ummm walk in on you". I apologized.

"That's alright." The girl said. After she had put on a new stroke lip gloss on her lips she turned to the guy she was kissing.

" So I'll see you tomorrow right?" She smiled. I didn't expect to hear what came next.

" Clara,Don't think am your boyfriend alright.This thing we have is nothing more than a fling. So I don't expect to ever see you again alright?" After he said that,he walked out of the classroom leaving me in awe but Clara didn't seem to mind. I was confused as to why she didn't react in any way so I asked her about it.

" Clara?" I began " what's up with you and that guy?" I concluded. I knew I had no right to be asking her such but I wanted to know.

" You mean Gale,that was nothing. Gale is just like that he hasn't had a girlfriend in a while and I will certainly never be his girlfriend even if I wanted to." She sighed and left the class.
Gale looked like a good guy who wouldn't treat girls like new toys that he later threw away. But anyway why did it matter to me,I had my own problems to worry about.

I spent the rest of the day being constantly stared at and hearing my name everywhere around school. But I just recited my mantra and instantly felt better. That day I kept looking around for Charles so that I could properly thank him but he was no where to be seen.

When school was over,I hurried out of class, looked for Wana and headed straight home. I don't know how much longer I was going to take this but if highschool was all honey and cupcakes,it wouldn't be highschool. I knew all would be forgotten in a matter of days and all I had to do was endure it

*Hope you enjoyed this chapter.let me know in the comments what you thought about it and don't forget to vote by tapping the star. The next chapter will be out soon*