Chapter twenty-three: Fault

Please don't forget to vote for this chapter.

Gale

"Clara, am here." I called out as soon as I got to Charles house.

"Gale!" She exclaimed and run up to hug me.

"I thought you decided to just abandon me" she sobbed

"Clara, I can never run away from my responsibilities alright. I said am going to take care of both you and the baby and that's exactly what am going to do so don't worry okay" I reassured her.

"Thank you Gale" she smiled

"There's no need to thank me Clara. Now just take a sit while I cook up something for you to eat. You must be hungry right? " I asked

"yes please. I haven't had the time to eat today because all I did was cry." The smile now left her face

"Alright, let me just take a quick shower and I'll be down in ten minutes" I run up the stairs and went to Charles room.

Today had been a long day and I could really use a good shower. I stepped inside the shower and let the water cool me for a while. Thoughts of Cheryl flooded my mind. As I turned around to grab some shampoo, there was Clara, naked and standing right in front of me.

"Clara! What are you doing here?" I questioned as I got out the shower, reached for a towel and wrapped it around my waist.

"I just thought of taking a shower with you. Is that such a bad idea?" She smiled innocently

"Clara,if you needed to take a shower you could have done that elsewhere like the guest bedroom" I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her.

She didn't seem to want to listen to me and instead started tracing my abs. Months ago,I would probably have slept with her but after Cheryl and I happened I wanted nothing to do with any other girl

"Clara,stop it please" I ordered as I took her hands away from my body and took a step back.

"It's just a shower Gale, it's no big deal is it?" She got closer and was now on the tip of her toes about to kiss me when I lost it.

"Clara,I said stop it. Get out, now and don't come back here alright. You are the reason everything is falling apart. Everything was going perfectly with her but you just had to ruin everything" I yelled at her. I must have scared her away because I could see the pure look of horror on her face right before she bolted out of the room.

I tried holding back the tears that had now formed in my eyes but I was failing terribly. I screamed out in frustration because I couldn't possibly take out my anger on any of the items in the room. Charles wouldn't appreciate coming home to a racked room.

When Clara run out of the room, I could hear some movement and noise coming from the next room but time had gone by and there was total silence. I figured she must have gone downstairs so I got, threw on a pair of jeans, a shirt and a hoodie and headed downstairs to apologise to Clara.

It wasn't right of me to put the blame on her for everything. This pregnancy had taken away more from her than it had done me so I had no right to blame her for anything.

I must have searched every room in the house before I found a note on the kitchen counter which read.......

Gale,

Am sorry for putting you through all of this.It wasn't my intention to cause a rift between you and Cheryl and as am going to a far away place and I promise that I will never bother you again. Am sorry for all the pain I have cost you and I wish you all the best in your relationship with Cheryl

Love, Clara

Oh my God! What have I done.

I hurriedly grabbed my keys, called Charles and drove to the first place that came to mind, the bus station.

On the way, I kept looking out the window in hopes of finding her before she left town but I wasn't having any luck.

I few streets away from my house. I spotted a crowd of people looking down at something on the road and on the side of the road was an ambulance. I got out of my car and pushed through the crowd until I got to the front and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Laying on the road unconscious, covered in blood and surrounded by paramedics was Clara. I instantly felt weak in the knee's and held on to a man next to me for support

"Are you alright?" The man asked

"What happened here?" I replied, completely ignoring his question

"Well according to an eye witness, the girl was walking on the side of the road, looking disoriented when a car came out of nowhere, lost control and hit her."

Tears streamed down my eyes immediately the man was done explaining.

"I... I... Know her" I stuttered as I walked closer to the ambulance

"Alright get in" a female paramedic said. I got into the ambulance and we headed to the hospital.

The whole way to the hospital, I couldn't do anything but just stare blankly at an unconscious Clara. If I hadn't said all I had said, none of this would have happened. Upon arrival at the hospital, I said a quick prayer as they wheeled her out of the ambulance and into the emergency room.

If anything happens to Clara, I will never be able to forgive myself so I just hope all goes well.

*Thanks for reading this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment what you think of the chapter. And thank you for 1k reads guys 😘*