Chapter twenty-two: The sister i never had

Thanks to all those who stuck around till this far. Love you guys😘

Gale

I stood there, on the side of the road trying to completely understand what had happened. One thing I truly understood is that Cheryl wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

"Am pregnant with your child Gale"

My mind drifted back to when Clara broke the news to me. I can't believe I was going to be a father at eighteen. I didn't know if I was supposed to be happy or sad about but Cheryl was right, Clara and my child need me.

I walked back into my car,and called Charles to ask him where he had taken Clara.

"Yeah, what's up?" Charles finally answered.

"Clara?" I asked

"My place" he replied. I hurriedly cut the call and drove to Charles place to be with Clara.

  Cheryl

"Are you sure you are gonna be okay Cheryl?" Charles asked after he parked his car in front of my house.

"Yeah,am gonna be okay. No need to worry about me" I sighed and reached for the door

"Cheryl!" He gently placed his hand on my knee reminding me of Gale

"If you need anything, or if you need someone to talk to, just give me a call alright" he said, genuinely concerned about me

"Alright, thank you" I replied right before I got out of the car and went inside.

                   ****

"Am really sorry to hear that Cheryl." Wana pulled me into a tight hug which I badly needed at that moment. I knew that if she kept hugging me any longer, I was going to cry because I was on the verge of breaking down so I pulled away from her and sat on the bed.

"Cheryl, if you need to cry, just get it off your chest. It will hurt more if you keep it in" she encouraged. I suddenly felt angry and lashed out at Wana

"Wana am fine alright, you don't have to act like you are concerned about me" I yelled and instantly regretted it because I knew she was only trying to help.

"Wana, I.. I am so sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you or say all that I said. Am so sorry" I apologized as I nervously raked my fingers through my already messy hair.

"Cheryl, it's alright I understand, you don't have to apologise to me alright. I know you didn't mean it"

Thank goodness she understood me because I don't know what I would have done if she decided to just leave and never talk to me again. Wana had become like the sister I always wished to have but never had. She reminded me so much of my best friend Mubanga who couldn't be here with me because she lived over six hours away.

"Am so glad you're always here with me when I need you Wana. I don't know what I would do without you."

She sat next to me on the bed,smiled at me sweetly and patted me on my back as she said........

"You'd be dead without me dear Child" there she goes again. We laughed so hard that I actually forgot all the drama I had going on with Gale for a little while but it all came rushing back as soon as I stopped laughing.

"I shouldn't have left him like that Wana. It wasn't his fault that everything turned out this way," I began " I should be with him, giving him all the support that he needs but I just can't because.........." I paused

"Because what?" Wana asked.

"Because I know exactly how it feels to grow up knowing your father abandoned you to be with his other legitimate family" I sighed

"Am sorry,you lost me there. Say what now?" The confusion was evident on her face.

"Everyone knew that Mr Kali was my biological father but truth is he wasn't. Just like Clara,my mother got pregnant as a teenager. My biological father accepted me at first but eventually left with his girlfriend and abandoned my mum and I when I was only a year old. But then Mr Kali,my dad came along and fell in love and married my mum and adopted me and treated me as his own" I sighed again as al tears managed to escape my eyes.

"Oh my God Cheryl. Am so sorry to hear that" she hugged me again

"So you see,I don't wanna be like that woman who came between my parents so it's better that I stay away from Gale for the betterment of both Clara and the child"

I stood up and went over to my window and looked at the moon. The moon always looked good from this angle and looking at the moon had a way of making me feel better.

After a moment of utter silence, Wana joined me by the window and suddenly her face lit up and by the smile planted on her face,I knew she was up to something.

"Spill it" I curiously asked

"Get changed. Am taking you to a party to help you get over all the hurt you are feeling right now" she squealed and twirled around before she went over to my closet

"Wana,but what about my mum. It's already late and she wouldn't be happy if she came back and found out am out partying in the night. African mother remember"

"Relax girl, have you forgotten your mum is out of town?" She said as she threw some clothes at  me. Damnit, I must have forgotten about that with all that's going on.

We both showered and got dressed for the party. Wana made a call to Jared to drive us to the party like always. She was right,if I stayed home I would keep thinking about Gale and feel sorry for myself all night so I needed to clear my head and a party will do just that. After we got done with our makeup,we went to Wana's house and Jared drove us to the party.

*Don't forget to vote by tapping that star. Comment what you think of this chapter and pardon my typos I wrote all this in less than 20 minutes and didn't have the time to edit*