|Chapter One| He Was The Reason.|

Alyana's POV

Alyana's POV

2 years later

It has been two years since the accident which led to my mother Helen, leaving us.

God, It felt weird saying her name after so long. Wyatt, my father would barely speak about her but, what did I expect.

He was the reason she was dead.

And the reason why I'm in a wheelchair.

I stared outside the window looking at Ivy playing with her blonde haired doll. She barely remembered anything because she had a concussion fortunately, there wasn't any brain damage or internal bleeding but.. my mother.

Half of her body was on the front bonnet of the car.

She no way in hell would have survived the crash. I moved towards my white slightly weared out white dressing table. The mirror was reflecting my room that exhibited the intricate detailing on the wall that included some silver glitter, the rest of the walls were plain white. My wooden white framed bed was placed in the middle of the room pushed back to the lilac wall. I had two drawers placed on either side of the bed and the desktop was position so I was able to look outside through the clear glass window.

Since Wyatt was making masses of money, this resulted in me having a 'good' childhood. Well, that's what he said. My bedroom was changed after mother died, it frightened me every time I entered my bedroom reminding me that she once was the woman who used to tell me stories and how she promised that she would be with me through everything.

I still get flashbacks and nightmares of that day after waking up from the coma I was in for 4 months. I couldn't walk. I still can't hence, why I'm currently stuck on a wheelchair.

My body gave up on me the day, my dad raised his hands on me.

He doesn't look regretful at all.

The day my mum died, my dad died too. I tried giving him a chance. A chance to change and yet, he disappointed both me and mother and knowing that, I knew that our dream would never be true but, mother still tried. She had to die for him to change.

I hate him.

He's not my dad but, a stranger.. and yet I'm living under his roof.

Wyatt got away with my mothers death and simply stated that my mother wasn't in the right state of mind driving. The broken ribs, swollen eye and the cut in her skull was all blamed on the crash because she didn't have her seat belt on. The blame always went towards mother even though it was never her fault. He is a coward who can't responsibilities for him mistakes.

A manipulative coward.

It was so believable that I was believing his manipulative lies.

I didn't get to say anything because I was in a coma therefore, my memory wasn't as strong about the whole situation. Whatever I stated wasn't eligible in court. The judges simply took Wyatt's side but, I know that was his strongest link and there was no way I could have won it even if I wasn't in a coma. He knew the judge since, high school.