Chapter seven : Embarrssment

————————————————————————-
We continued cleaning the gym and it wasn't that much of a chore. But the warmth got me, i zipped the jacket up to my chin. And i could smell his cologne. It wasn't to strong, but it was definitely there. Why does it smell so nicely? It's not that cheap stuff Azumane use to wear. I was so into my own thoughts, till i bumped into Kiyoko.

"Ah- Sorry Kiyoko-Senpai, i wasn't looking where i was going!" I bowed and apology.

She looks down at me,

"It's alright just watch where you are going please." She says in the crude monotone voice.

"Yes ma'am!" I peep.

Before could turn away she ask me a question out of the blue,

"Hey Y/N-Chan?," she asked.

"Yes?"

"What is relationship with Nishinoya?" She asks, as she slight bends down, re-adjusting her glasses.

"N-n-nothing i think were just friends!" I peep.

'Friends?' She mutters, in the brisk i can hear.

As soon she stepped back, the boys started to exit from the locker room.

"Nice jacket Y/N" Tanaka snorts.

I jumped at his comment immediately unzipping The soft medium sized coat. And when i first saw Noya, I gave it right back.

"H-here, this is yours. Thank you I appreciate it." I say while handing it back.

"Oh no problem it wasn't to much of an issue, you looked super cold so I just handed it to you!!" He smiles widely.

Everyone exits out of the locker room and starts to throw their jerseys in the laundry basket. Yachi tries her best to make sure she has everyone's pile of stuff.

"Y/n!" Yachi yells. "Could you possibly help me? I need to get the uniforms from the storage unit! Could you possibly help me before the bell rings?"

"Oh yes of course!," I look back at Nishinoya, "I'll see you in first, correct?" I smile

"Oh..yes. Definitely I won't be late!"

"Good, okay coming Yachi!" I turn around and head into her direction. She smiles grimly and starts to lift the laundry basket with her. Kageyama and hinata being heard in the distance bickering about plays. Azumane exits last with Daichi and Sugawara.

"Y/N!, don't you dare forget to go and get a uniform change!" Asahi yells.
You nod while turning the corner into the unit.

"You and Nishinoya seem to be getting close?" Yachi grins.

"We'll not necessarily, I mean he is my brothers best friend, he's just an interesting figure. That's all" i tilt my head.

"Oh my bad- I didn't mean to assume anything!" Yachi frets.

"Nothing to be sorry about, you were just asking. But who knows. I might think he is a tad bit cute." I admit.

"Oh y/n your so confident! Your very out there if I'd say so. And your so experienced in this sport more than I am too!" She gleems.

"Oh don't say that, you have so many talents as well. Your way better of a manager than I am too!"

"Okay here can you help me lift this box?"

We both grab a giant bin. It was black with a yellow lid, kind of has a weight in it, but overall very light. In the midst. Kiyoko appears,

"Are you getting the old uniforms like I asked? We're you able to get it,?"

Me and Yachi both nod.

"That's good, we will start laundry tomorrow, but everything is filled out. Paper work wise correct?" She looks at me.

"Correct" I reply.

"Your both excused I will hopefully see you both at lunch." She says, then proceeds to leave.

"Okay, can I walk to you to the school store?" Yachi looks to me. I agreed

Me and Yachi began walking, it was still a cold day sense the gym was outside, we make and I talk to the bookkeeper. I hand her my student id and get the rest of my school spirt package. Yachi says the gear she and Kiyoko order probably won't be here for a few weeks or so. Considering we wernt sure if anyone else would join our team. So I end up getting a new sweater, skirt, and blouse. And a new button up. With the name tag freshly printed. I proceeded to go to the locker room and switch up the fit. The skirt was definitely school appropriate, mid length, kept my spandex on though. And put on the vest and blouse. With of course the ribbon. I kind of match Yachi. I thank Yachi for her help and walked to first on my own. My ankle was still swollen, but the re-bandage seems to help. What I really have is Chronic Lateral Ankle Pain (Chronic lateral ankle pain is recurring pain on the outer side of the ankle that often develops after an injury such as a sprained ankle. However, several other conditions also may cause chronic ankle pain.) but with my carelessness I don't really seem to take care of it. I slide the classroom door open and I see Nishinoya sitting in his seat, glaring out the window. I slightly smirk. He looks so deep in thought. I carefully glide through the other desk and tap him on the shoulder.

"Whatcha thinking about hmm?, certainly it's not math" I smile.

He turns around, startled.

"Oh Y/N you sneaky snake, how did you manage to sneak up on me?" He speaks.

"You can't always be predictable, especially if your on the court" I pull out my chair and sit next to him.

Before he could respond the bell rings, class is now in session. Todays lesson. Quadratic formulas. Nishinoya and I both sigh. Today is now Tuesday. And azumane usually tutors noya on Monday and Thursday. So I write down in the planner I bought at the store what don't day looks like. The boys usually have practice literally everyday, tuesdays and Thursday is usually when they have morning practice. And then for the rest is afternoon, hence also having to share the gym with girls volleyball as well. There is so much to be done.

"Alright rest of class is work time, I will see you all after first hour break" the teacher rose.
After that you feel a tap on your shoulder,

I turn around to see Nishinoya smiling, the warm sense of blood rushing to my cheeks.

"So, tell me about this national thing in the americas y/n" he asked.

" well to be frank with you it's not that kind of national's. Not like Japan silly. Nationals back there is more of less going to different states and trying to get scholarships for colleges. And then playing on one big team. Nothing to big, just a bunch of traveling. And then interviews for that one tournament. And then for the magazine my father just wanted to get me out there and we'll known." I explained.

He nodded and tried to understand.

"And when I visited here for my family, I would just volunteer for other teams and play for them. Just for practice I suppose. I just got well known around the community, then I finally came back for good after my injury." I turned and smiled.

"Oh, that sounds rough, all that traveling? That must have not been good for your body!" He exclaimed.

"No not really it really shifted my moods, and I guess I couldn't have friendships at all, my fatigue, and exhaustion didn't really come as an excuse for my attitude,,hence all the Nick names." I sighed. "But the again I am only sixteen"

"Oh so you are single!" He yelped, quickly covering his mouth in embarrassment.

"You would be correct" I smiled.

———————————————————————
Words: 1292
Definitely didn't disappear for like a year lol. Ima finish this it's my goal