Chapter 34

////////////////Ben's P.O.V.//////////////////
            I can't believe it's actually happening.......the war it's happening.I will have the chance to kill Harkon and then Katō will fall with him.I never forgave him,oh I'll give him the last blow to Harkon and then I'll let him watch as I shoot him with the sun hallowed arrows,let him behold Ariel's bow.But after this what will I do I'm a monster now I can never go back to who I used to be.That Ben is gone.Forever.......he disappeared a long time ago I wish I could go back,I wish I never would've pursued Katō and lost my fingers.Its hard for me to tell whether I'm sane anymore.I feel like Ben but Ben's not a vampire.What am I?Who am I?Am I just a corpse walking around who thinks its Ben?I shake the thought away.No stop thinking like that you are Ben.Well this is the effect War has on you.The final battle,the heart pounding speed of swords flashing through the air.Arrows streaming down like a deadly rain,one hit leaves you on the ground or a corpse.I've seen enough people die close to me so many times I've become numb to the wars effects.Too many bodies with nameless faces.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
           I look at the castle of Valkihar and a chill goes down my spine.All the hell that could exist in this world that castle holds the worst I've ever seen.Body parts laying as a display to cattle.And I was fed on by him.It was terrible,broken souls stand around me and I was the only one who had the will to strike back.Those poor defenseless people.Well today those people will see the light again and behold the falling of Harkon.I tighten my grip on the reins,I look back at Katō who seems occupied by the looks of his home and he's about the destroy people he cared for."They aren't who you think they are Katō they are all two-faced"He looks at me confused then his eyes narrow into a sharp glare."they are still who they are and they didn't do anything wrong.They didn't know of my fathers plans."
"Yes they did,they knew why do you think they wanted you back so badly?Especially now?I know you weren't raised to know people and how they are but this is the real world.People lie,and all of them lies to you to cover up their own dirty little secret."I look back ahead of me and avoid eye contact with Katō.I could feel his eyes on me.He needs to grow up,the world isn't nice it's cruel and unfair and he knows that.He doesn't want to believe it,he wants to believe the world is a better place.But he's wrong,the people he loves will attack him and try to kill him.I volunteered to kill Harkon because #1.He killed me
#2.I want to see him burn for what he's done
#3.I'm indoors so I can overpower him easily.
            I have all the right reasons to kill both Katō and Harkon.And the best part is he thinks we are friends,but I never let go...never.He killed my friends and he wasn't our enemy.But he is mine and I avenge their deaths and I'll kill the Imperials and its cowardly General.Ulfric will be glad that we won the War.And I will have the glory of both Wars.
////////////////Katō's P.O.V./////////////////
           I just can't kill those people and I know what this world does.I just..............want to believe that life isn't hell,that life is worth living for even when you have nothing to lose.Ben has nothing to lose but I do.My mother the people around me,maybe I'm too soft for this world.Too blind to see the ugliness beneath the grassy surface.In my world Wars don't happen only arguments.I learned how cruel it is when Mina died and I had always thought life was cruel but some part of me wants to prove it wrong.That there are happy endings and that insanity doesn't lie within everyone hearts and soul.I personally thought Ben was insane,the way he handles things.Isn't insanity being able to kill without regret?
            My heart sinks as we get to the dock and beyond that is castle Valkihar.Where my father coward behind its stone walls.We are coming father and there's nothing you can do to stop us.I get off and tell Sovereign to stay and wait.I sit down in a boat and help place the chest full of bolts into the middle of the boat and to the east are huge ships,full of soldiers.They stopped at solitude and took the ships and the main captains and fighters are in this little tiny boat.Which is Me,Ben,Isran and a couple other guys that are important.I mean I didn't ask their names and I wasn't going to now.Once it's all loaded Ben pushes the boat away from the dock but a little too hard."Ben easy it only needed a little push"
"Sorry Isran I've never really been in a boat"Ben grabs both of the oars and rows,steady strong strokes.I see Isran eyeing him and my heart sinks a little,he's noticing Ben's capabilities.Oh god Ben you never really pay attention do you?My breathing staggers and my limbs tingle,I feel like I'm going to pass out.I just can't grip the fact that it's time to face my father,to fix all this.And what about when I'm done then what will I do?I guess I could go back to my mortal life.To be able to fit with the mortals again and feel the sun again.Ben can feel to an extent,cold and some heat but mostly cold is the only thing he can feel.What will become of him will his power change him?Or has he already changed?I still see the same person staring back at me but that frightens me the one who tried to kill me was the old Ben.I think he's changed but some part of me warns me not to trust him.But I've been wrong before.