Chapter 35

The boat stops abruptly as the front hits the sand of the island and the other boats pull up as well unloading the 200 soldiers.A small army but not as small as the 100 inside the castle.I step into the dock and look past the bridge to the wooden gate that secludes the vampires in their darkness."this is going to be one hell of a fight."
"It sure is"I look up at him and he smiles.I'm coming father.Israns low voice booms through the air loud and clear."ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT?!TO SEND THESE DEMONS BACK TO HELL?!"Men scream out and woman yell out a yes in reply.Swinging their swords imagining that they just killed one."WE WILL PREVAIL!Your job is to make sure Ben and Katō here make it to the cathedral alive UNDERSTOOD?!"They yell out and scream.The bang of doors silence the island,we wait preparing ourselves.A few moments later all hell breaks loose and swarms of vampires come pouring out of the castle like ants out of an ant farm.I hear the distorted screams of vampires mixed with the chilling cold screams of mortals being ripped apart and torn to shreds.Blood covering the ground and staining hair.I look and find Ben,his hair stained with blood."Katō c'mon we have to push through!"He shoots another one,and before it goes down I see its sword pierce his stomach.
/////////////////Ben's P.O.V./////////////////
            I look in the vampires eyes and he shivers in fear.I grip the blade and pull it out and I make him watch as I heal instantly."aw I'm sorry did I ruin your moment?"I give him a bolt to the head and he goes down.I run ahead and occasionally look back to see Katō following.I switch weapons,I put the crossbow on my back and I start 'experimenting' with Ariel's bow.Once the arrow makes contact they burn and fall down dead.I avoid a couple of swings but I run head on to the doors.I feel a couple wounds on my thigh and side.Cuts 3 inches wide.....it stings in the sun but once I get inside they start healing."you okay?"Katō stands beside me panting."yeah just some cuts the bastards got me twice"I stand up and I look around."talk about gloomy"
"I can lead you to the cathedral where my father most likely is"He walks down the steps to what I would call the dining hall and up some steps to a large gate and beside it two gargoyle statues."get ready for a fight"I take a deep breath and reply keeping my voice low and as steady as I can."I am"Let's do this.I look at Katō and he looks at me.Its finally going to end.All this war is about to end at the end of of a sword and a war of my own by a pale arrow.My Crimson Arrow.My limbs tingling with energy.I ready an arrow,and once the doors open I let it fly.I hear a cry of pain from a hunched over figure.He pulls the arrow out and as he turns I can feel my heart drop.Glowing orange orbs in the center of black sockets."hand over the bow and we can all rule over the mortals,I'm sure you agree and understand what I'm doing is the right thing."He holds out his hand,pale and dead.I hesitate trying to figure out the best way to go about this."No,you can't have it"He waves his hand and I feel something tighten around my neck.Out of the corner of my ear I see Katō sneaking around to come up behind him.I keep Harkon's gaze and at least pretend to be choking.Its actually pretty hard since I don't have to breathe."Katō join me my son,put down the sword and join me I know he's immortal and I know he doesn't have to breathe.But my son join me and get revenge for what they did to your mother and your sister.Help me avenge them."He opens his arms and Katō runs to him."Katō how could you.........?"I reach for the bow and load an arrow but before I let it go I see him signal to stop.And I see the glimmering reflection of his golden blade.A tear falls down his face"I love you father"And he plunges the sword into his back.No scream comes from his lips only silence.His body falls over and Katō takes the sword out and leans over him crying.Finally I can rest easy now,this is your time Katō and I will let you watch as this arrow pierces your heart.I pull the arrow back and wait.
////////////////Katō's P.O.V./////////////////
           I'm sorry father but I had too.It wasn't the mortals fault Mina died and mother is alive.All you wanted was power you didn't care about anyone but yourself you jack ass.We never should've took Molag Bals gift it changed us,it tore our family apart.All I wanted was to be a family again.To be able to say I love you and hear it back in the same sweet loving tone as before.Not a fake smile and a lie through clenched teeth.Its all over I can finally live my old life with my mother.Mina would be proud of her brother.Proud he did something worth all the lives lost.And mother will be proud her son fixed all his problems on his own.I'm finally happy.And Ben........he's my friend now.He forgave me and let the past stay in the past.I look up and I see a drawn bow and an arrow pointed at my heart.And Ben is holding it."Ben?Why?I thought you were-"
"I never forgive the ones who hurt me.And if I'm set on revenge then hell I'm going to get it"A tear falls from my eyes and drops on the floor ticking like a clock.I watch as he lets it go and the world slows,the tip slowly dogs into my chest.I grab the end and pull it out,the Crimson Arrow gleaming in the sunlight.My world goes dark and the last thing I hear is his soft and calm voice echoing"I'm sorry for your loss".
///////////////Ben's P.O.V.///////////////////
           "Rest in piece Katō"I say and lower the bow.

                ~🌸THE END🌸~
There ends the story of a boy with a troubled heart and a man with a deadly grudge.

~so did you enjoy it?On a scale 1 to 10 how good was it?~