Ch - 18 "Karma"

“Not only is there often a right and wrong, but what goes around does come around

“Not only is there often a right and wrong, but what goes around does come around. Karma exists.”

~ Donald Van de Mark

Part 18

Adrian's Pov 

"Adrian, we have just reached home and you are talking about leaving. What is so important that you need to go urgently?" Mom asked and I cursed under my breath. 

"Mom, I have a very important meeting, I really need to go." I told her but she rolled her eyes and sat on the sofa.

It's been an hour since I left Abi alone in the hospital. I wonder if she's alright or not. She must be very nervous about this surgery. 

God, I shouldn't have left her alone. She needs me most and here I am, can't able to do anything. 

I can't even tell anyone about her, because I don't think of her as a friend.  She is much more than a friend to me. 

I don't only like her but I love her. My heart beats like a bullet train as I confess it to myself. 

But I don't know whether she likes me more than a friend or not. What if she just thinks of me as a friend and nothing more. I don't want to lose her friendship so I need to keep quiet about this matter. 

"Adrian? What the hell are you thinking? I've been calling you for so long." Mom asked with a raised brow and I sighed. 

"Mom, I really need to go." I said with a pout while taking a seat beside her. 

My mom, Chloe Emile Andrei, is a really sweet woman. People say I'm just like my mom, kind, and gentle.  But I don't find myself any different. I just do what I feel is right. 

But when it comes to wanting something, my mom is the most stubborn lady you have ever encountered.  

"Okay who is that girl?" My Dad, Frank David Andrei asked as he came behind me and I gasped at him with my eyes widened. 

He chuckled and sat beside me. 

"There is no girl, what happened to you guys? Why are you so persistent today? I told you, I need to go for an important meeting. But you aren't even listening to me." I said. 

"Okay, if you aren't ready to tell us then it's okay son. But we know you like the back of our hand." Mom said with a knowing smile.  

It's really close to impossible to hide something from them.

I sighed and looked down. "Okay fine but it's really complicated. First promise me that you won't tell anyone about this. Anyone means anyone." I told them and forward my hand to them to make a promise.