Ch - 4 "Jumbo"

"The deepest pain I ever felt was denying my own feelings to make everyone else comfortable

"The deepest pain I ever felt was denying my own feelings to make everyone else comfortable."

~ Nicole Lyons 

Part 4

Abigail's Pov 

"Thank you Mrs Cara, Good night." I bid goodbye to my maid and locked my room. 

Mrs cara is my maid, she talks very less and helps me with changing into my nightwear as well as She cooks dinner for me and cleans my home. 

After she went, I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth then came back, ready to get my beauty sleep even if it contains only nightmares. 

Just as I sat on bed my keypad phone rang and I picked it up as it was just beside me. 

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, it's me Adrian." My breath hitched as I heard his melodic voice. 

"Uhm oh..I mean Hey… how are you?" I said nervously. I never thought he would call. 

"I'm really relaxed that you picked my call." I bit my lip to control the giggle. 

We both were silent for so long. I don't know what I should say. What do I talk to him about? I don't even know how to talk. 

My breathing was very very fast and my heart was playing weird tricks inside my rib cage.  

"What are you doing?" He asked softly, I could sense nervousness in his voice too. 

"Uhm I. .I was about to sleep" I said, biting my lip.

"Shit, I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you. It's okay I'll call later" I gasped, scared that he might cut the call. 

"No, no Adrian. It's okay. Uh we..can talk now" I said and played with my hair nervously.

"Alright" he said and again there was long silence as we both heard each other's breathing. 

I laid on my bed while hearing his breathing. Oh god why am I feeling like this with a stranger. 

"Abigail?" I hummed at him and pulled a pillow on my chest. 

"You have really beautiful eyes." My smile vanished at his sentence.

"Yeah, with no sight in them to see this beautiful world." He sighed and I played with my pillow. 

"But still you have eyes that no one has, you see this world like no one does, you see the real beauty and the natural beauty of this world. I remember my mom always says that the eyes are useless when the mind is blind." I bit my lip again to control myself from smiling like a tubelight.