The Battle For New York

They opened their eyes when Kurt told them they had arrived at Jean's location in New York, they all separated and remained still. Peter looked around at his new surroundings, there were many trees and the odd lamppost shone through the darkness. Scott took a few steps forward while Peter pulled his goggles over his eyes, they were in some kind of park. He could hear traffic not far away from their location, that meant there were innocent people around in this area. They couldn't see Erik or Hank anywhere, Scott turned around to face Charles and spoke to him.

" Where are they?" Scott asked.

Charles lowered his gaze from Scott, he used his ability to reach out to Hank's mind since Erik's mind was unreadable while he wore his helmet. They all waited patently for the Professor to get lead on them, it wasn't long until Charles told them that Hank was not far ahead of them with Erik. He told them that Jean was hiding in a Townhouse, he may not be able to sense Jean anymore but he could get all the information he needed from Hank. They made their way through the park, it wasn't long until they saw Erik walking with Hank and an unknown male mutant was with them. They were walking towards a busy street, they could see the Townhouse not far ahead of them. Peter kept his gaze on Erik while he walked with his teammates, it had been nearly ten years since he had last seen his Father. The last time Peter had heard anything about Erik was a few years back, he had been living peaceful within a community of mutants on an island the Government had given him as a reward for helping to defeat Apocalypse. 

The island was called Genosha, it was located along the Eastern coast of Africa. It had been peaceful there for years, but since Jean had sought Erik out the island had now changed. From what Charles had told them the US army had visited the island, there had been a conflict between Jean and the soldiers. The X Men stopped not far away from Erik and his companions, they all knew he was planning to attack the Townhouse where Jean was hiding out. Charles's voice broke the silence, they stood along side their leader and readied themselves to fight if needed.

" Hello old friend." Charles said.

Erik and Hank stopped walking but they kept their backs to Charles, but the unknown male mutant turned around to look at them. Peter watched as Erik turned around to face them, they were then joined by a female mutant. They had no idea who these two unknown mutants were, but they were willing to fight along side Erik to stop Jean. Peter could feel the tension between them, it was weird seeing Hank on the other side. He looked so angry, but he was only doing this because he wanted revenge for Raven's death.

" Save the " old friend " shit, Charles." Erik said, his speaking tone was serious. " And stay out of my way."

" I'm sorry for what she did, but I can't let you go in there." Charles said.

" You're always sorry Charles and there's always a speech." Erik said while he took a few steps toward them. " But nobody cares anymore."

" We do this here now, they'll see us has monsters!" Charles said. " Violent freaks fighting on the streets of New York!"

" What did I tell you?" Erik asked.

" Damn it man, your homeland will be gone!" Charles replied, his speaking tone was serious. " Everything you care about!"

" Save it..." Erik said.

" It doesn't have to be this way." Peter said, his gaze was fixed on Erik." You don't have to do this, Raven wouldn't want this..."

" And what would you know about what Raven would have wanted?" Erik asked.

" More than you'll ever know, she was my friend..." Peter replied, he paused for a moment. " She was more than my friend and mentor, she was my family."