Book 1, Chapter 2

So, this is Chapter 2. I’ve kinda had writer’s block for the beginning, so it’s sort of boring, but trust me. It will get WAY better! Don’t forget to vote and comment.

Monica’s POV

“Hey Monica! Monica? Hello??? Anyone home?”

I snap away from my daydream and see my best guy friend, Andrew snapping his fingers in my face. What the hell what he doing?

“What???” I ask, obviously annoyed.

“Well, you were daydreaming… again. What were you thinking about?”

“You know how my mom bought me the One Direction tickets?”

“Obviously! You never shut up about it!”

“I feel so offended,” I said sarcastically.

“Whatever. Mrs. Glowen wants us to pick partners.”

He really didn’t need to say anymore. In science class, Andrew and I always picked each other for partners. We met in the second grade and have been best friends since.

“Hey! Give me back my Twinkie!” I could not believe I had actually trusted Peter Rian with my lunch! He had apologized for bumping into me the other day, so when I really had to go to the bathroom, and Emrys was visiting her aunt in California, so I left him alone with my lunch. A big mistake.

“Twerp! It’s mine now!” Peter said as he licked the wrapper of my Twinkie. I was only a nerdy second grader, and Peter was the popular fifth grader of my school. Every single day, he bullied me, and every single day, I forgave him. It’s true, I did have a little crush on him. After all, he was pretty cute.

“Ewwww!!! That’s DISGUSTING!!!!”

“Well now you don’t want it anymore, so it’s mine!”

“Hey! I think that belongs to this lady here.”

Surprised, I turned around to find a boy there. A cute boy actually.

“Huh? And who do you think you are?” Peter taunted him.

“Well that’s not important to you, is it?” replied the mystery boy. I just stood there, admiring his figure. I was only in second grade, yet I could tell there was something different about him. He has soft, brown eyes and slightly slicked hair.

“It is, as a matter of fact,” Peter said, still not backing down and raising his voice. “I like to know who I’m dealing with.”

“I’m not looking for a fight here,” Andrew explained, putting his hands in the air. “If only you would be kind enough to return her desert-”

“Look here! We have a smart ass in town!” By now, the whole school had surrounded us. Being a weakling that I was, I was just standing there, still shocked that this boy had tried to stand up for me.

Then, out of nowhere, Peter pushed Andrew onto the ground and a fight had started.

“Stop it guys!” I screamed, obviously not helping.

Peter had him on the ground with a black eye and who knows what else? He kept punching him, even though he was already unconscious. That’s when the teacher came.

I stayed in the school nurse’s office until the boy had woken up, and Peter was in the principal’s office, getting suspended for a whole month.

“What’s happening?” I hear a mumble escape from his mouth as his eyes flutter open.

“Shh don’t talk. The nurse already called your mom and she’s on the way. Why did you get in a fight with Peter? He’s probably the strongest guy in our school! And you’re only in second grade! What were you thinking???” I flooded him with questions, and I knew I shouldn’t, but it’s not like I could help it.

“Well, hello there too. I’m Andrew by the way. You’re Monica, right?” Andrew huh? So that’s the name of my brave knight in shining armor.

“Um, yeah. Sorry. Thanks a lot. You really didn’t have to do that Andrew. I could’ve gone without my Twinkie…” Lie. Lie. Lie. Thank you so much.

“It’s fine. I’d do anything for a pretty girl like you.”

Instant. Best. Friends.

Monica’s POV

“So the Copper Chloride and the Sulfuric Acid combine together to form this gas that you kids can see in the tube. That’s why it catches so easily with fire, because it reacts with oxygen, which is in the gas.”

I really couldn’t pay attention to science right now. All I could dream about was the One Direction concert which was only a couple days away now! I looked over at Andrew next to me. He was paying attention to Mrs. Glowen, taking notes. He still had those enchanting, brown eyes and beautiful brown hair with light blonde highlights, natural, of course.

Andrew really is a perfect guy. He swims on a swim team, whose benefits go to charity, volunteers at the church, and even tutors special-ed kids in his free time! And he still manages to have six AP classes! He’s beautiful. Wait. What? No! What am I thinking? Andrew’s just a friend to me! A good friend… A really good friend… No! Monica. Snap out of it!

Was Andrew just a friend?

Andrew’s POV

I could feel her stare burning into the back of my head, but I just kept staring forward, trying to listen to what Mrs. Glowen was saying. Of course, my head was overflowing with thoughts… of Monica obviously. She really was beautiful, with wonderful brown hair that flowed down her back like no one else and lovely brown eyes that I would just love to stare into all day. It just sucks ass that she doesn’t believe me when I say it. She always says that she’s ugly and all that other shit, but it’s impossible to convince her! Monica is the most stubborn girl you will ever meet.

Truthfully, I have feelings for my best friend, and I know it’s wrong. I know that she will never feel that way about me. To Monica, I was just her best friend that was there for her whenever she needed a shoulder to cry on or listen to her gossip when she couldn’t keep a secret anymore. I just wish she could like me. No. Love me.

Because I’m in love with my best friend.

!!!!! I can’t believe I wrote this!!!!! Isn’t it amazing??? Well, don’t I sound so self-conceded? I feel really good though. Anyways, don’t forget to vote and comment. Thanks guys.