Book 1, Chapter 3

Ugh! I’ve been updating all night, but I’m addicted to this story. I swear. Things with One Direction come in this chapter, so stay in there. Sorry, but I just needed some background with Monica’s regular love life before I could bring in the full-on drama, you know? Anyways, vote and comment and enjoy!

Monica’s POV

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

This is not happening to me.

The concert is in six hours and I cannot find my tickets! I placed them in the second drawer right next to my diary. My diary is still there, but the tickets aren’t! I swear I’m going to die right now. My room is a mess with stuff all over the place and I have every single person in my house searching, but the tickets are gone!

I dial up Emrys, embracing myself for the twenty minute lecture I know I’ll get from her.

“Hey bitch. What’s up?”

“Emrys, promise you won’t be mad at me?”

“Of course, honey. What’s wrong?”

“I… I…”

“Come on, Monica. You’re scaring me now. What happened?” I can hear her concern over the phone. There’s no use lying to her. I’ve basically known her my whole life, and she can tell a lie through my voice.

“Spill it!”

“I lose the tickets!” Silence. Complete silence for just five minutes. I was starting to get worried that she had passed out or something, until I heard her voice again.

“You lost the tickets?” she asked, but sounded like she hadn’t heard me clearly the first time.

“Look, I’m so sorry Emrys! But we can go online and do some research on how to get them back! I can call the com-” But before I could finish, she cut me off.

“We’re going to the concert.” And I can hear the line go dead. What the hell what Emrys talking about? But the doorbell answered my question before I could think anymore.

Emrys’ POV

I cannot believe that Monica is this stupid! How can she lose two VIP tickets to a One Direction Concert? I mean, how is that even humanly possible? One Direction is huge to both of us, and she knows it! How can she be so oblivious to the world around her and lose the tickets? It’s not like someone just went into her room and stole the tickets! She specifically told me that she put it next to her diary in the second drawer, which is locked with a combination lock. Only Monica and I know the combination, so she must’ve misplaced it somewhere!

By the time I got to her house, we had five and a half hours to fix ourselves up for the perfect day. We were going to the concert, even if we didn’t have the tickets. After all, don’t they have a list of people that bought the tickets? Of course, there is always sneaking in.

“What??? Are you crazy Emrys? We could never do that! Of course they’ll have tons of security on all entrances possible! Don’t you think that they would cover all possible ways of getting in???” Yeah, I knew Monica wasn’t going to warm up to my idea very quickly. I told her my whole plan.

We were going to wait in line like all the other fans. Then, when we got to the front, we’ll just say that we have to use the bathroom and go around the side. Hopefully, around there, we’ll find someone backstage who can help us with our problem. There has to be one person in the whole world that can help us, right?

“Just trust me! When have my plans ever gone wrong?” At that point, I knew I had her. My wacky, crazy, impossible plans always turned out perfect, and Monica knew it.