Chapter 14: Life-Long Secret

"We need to get ready." I sat up in my bed and looked at Colby.

"What time is it?"

"9:47 am." I got out of bed with the sheet wrapped around my body. "Don't get caught leaving."

I turned the shower on hot. I needed a nice shower after this morning. I stepped in and let the hot water pour down on me. I let out everything from the past two days and just cried.

Once I was out of the shower I went into my closet. I needed something that made me look powerful. I chose a black pantsuit with a tan top underneath.

After I did my hair and makeup I went to Colby's room. It was 11:30 now. Yes, I know it takes me a while to get ready.

I knocked on Colby's bedroom door and waited.

"Come in!" Colby yelled from the other side.

I opened the door and saw him sitting on his bed. Liliana was laying in his bed.

"Hey, we need to go make sure the conference room is ready."

"Alright, I'll meet you down there."

I nodded and shut the door again.

I sat in the conference room for a few minutes before Colby finally walked in.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. The higher-ups should be here soon. I'm nervous." I let out an anxious laugh and smiled at him.

"You look really pretty." He walked over and picked up my hand.

"Do you say that to all your girls?" I laughed as he kissed my lips.

"Woah..."

We quickly pulled away and looked at the doorway. Sam was standing there wide-eyed.

"Dude. Don't say anything." Colby took a few steps closer to him.

Sam put his hands up in defense. "Don't worry I won't. Anyway, people are here for the meeting." He handed me a stack of paper.

"Send them in," I told him.

Sam nodded and walked out quickly.

Colby and I awkwardly waited for everyone to come in.

When they did we introduced ourselves and then sat down. These guys were very intimidating.

"Alright let's get down to business. Was anything stolen?" One of them asked.

The meeting was boring in the beginning. Mostly talking about everyone that lived here and inventory.

"So you were Don Shallow's second in command. Are you comfortable taking over?"

Colby looked over at me and nervously bit his lip.

"Wait... Don?" Why did they call him that?

"Yes? Don Shallow. Your father. Don as in leader of your crime family."

Colby took a deep breath and looked at me. "We're not just a gang Valerie... We're in the mafia."

WHAT THE FU-