Stay With Me

A/N: I'VE BEEN WAITIN FOR THIS ONE! TURN UP!!!!

Spencer Reid's POV:

" WE NEED A MEDIC NOW!!! There's too much blood!" I screamed for somebody's attention but even then it didn't seem like I could scream any louder. Holding it together seemed like the last thing my body wanted to do.

"Ella,Hey, you're doing great. All right? Yeah, you got to stay right here, okay?" I looked at her holding her head up as her consciousness tiptoed back and forth...

"Spence..." she muffled at me

"Eyes on me. Eyes on me. Yeah." Thank God she opened them

"No, no, no, no.no. Ella! Ella! Open your eyes! DAMMIT!" I shouldn't be angry at her, I'm not angry at her, I'm angry at the son of a bitch who shot her. I'm going to kill him.

"MEDIC!!!!Hurry! Hurry!," I bellow out to the medic who isn't even in sight, "God, please fucking help her..."

"And what about Ella?" Hotch asked me as I remained on the line with him

"Not good," I whisper out while pinching my eyes with my thumbs," We're headed to the hospital now, I'll call you back?"

Derek and JJ were called for backup after Ella was taken down, JJ wasn't informed of that- just that they needed extra help catching the suspect. They caught the preacher, and the only thing I wish is that I could've been the one to kill him after he might have taken the life of one of the only people I've ever truly been in love with. Of course there was Maeve, but in all honesty, I didn't have the opportunity for that love to even be given. But now, there's Ella. In the eight months that she's been here I've fallen in love with her over and over again every single day. If I get that love taken away from me again, I don't want to ever love someone else.

••••

"It sounded like a tea kettle. Did you hear it?" I hear her squeak out to me, barely making any noise at all.

"What? Ella? What did you say?"

"Pressure's dropping. Pulse is thready. Starting large bore IV."

"Ella!" I start to choke up, holding the tears back as much as I can before they start pouring out without even trying.

"Agent, you've got to sit back."

"It's DOCTOR! You've got to help her, I have nobody left"

"Ella baby, stay with me. I'm right here. Stay with me, please..."

••••

"It should've been me..." I croaked out to the team staring at my hands clasped together.

"Or me or... any of us" Rossi added, trying to be the father of the group, comforting most of the time. But not this time. I was angry.

"No. She pushed me out of the way. If she doesn't make it..." I say barely being able to finish the sentence before choking up. The thought of existing without her seems impossible in the most infuriating way.

"She'll make it. She has to. She's just... she's too young" JJ stuttered out, as I reached to hold her hand in mine. I can't even imagine how she is feeling right now.