Enigma

A/N: remember Ella will refer to herself as Agent Kennedy in the field so there's no mixup with JJ, but everywhere else she'll refer to herself as Dr. Jareau! Hope that helps!

••••••

I awoke the next day the sun peeking through the curtains, failing at their job to block the sun out. The warmth lingers on my arms as I'm tangled within the sheets, slowly reaching my arm over trying to grasp onto the body that was there during the night, but I'm left with a shiver as I feel the cold bed sheets that have no body in its wake and haven't been touched with the blaze of the sun quite yet. I sit up looking around trying to make out where Spencer could be.

I quickly put on an oversized button down and some sweat shorts, tying my hair up in a messy bun as I make my way down the hall towards the kitchen and living room.

What a sight to see, a shirtless Spencer in sweatpants making breakfast. His hair disheveled slightly, the smell of coffee taking me my surprise. He has yet to notice that I see him, so I soak up the simplicity and domesticity that his sweet gesture exudes. I slowly walk up to him and hug him from behind as he eases into my touch. I stay still just breathing in sync with him, grazing my hands along the defined lines on his chest, making sure its gentle and filled with every ounce of adoration that I have for him wanting him to feel every care that I have for him through the movement of my fingertips on his body.

"Well, good morning beautiful" he says as he slowly makes his way to turn around and face me, wrapping me in a hug, as I lift my arms up around his neck.

"Good morning handsome" I say to him as I break away from his hug briefly to kiss him. I take his face in my right hand, brushing my thumb over his bottom lip gently tugging him towards me as I kiss him slowly dragging it out as long as I can before I swipe my tongue along his bottom lip causing Spencer to moan lightly, pitched a bit lower than normal as his morning voice is ever so present. I then slowly back away before giving him a small peck on the tip of his nose, and hugging him once more before he takes a deep breath almost as if he had the wind knocked out of him.

"That was the best kiss I've ever had" he says laughing a bit

"No way" rolling my eyes at him I say walking to the fridge to grab the coffee creamer for both of us

"Yes way! That was hot as hell" he says seriously offended that I thought he was joking

" What ever you say Doctor" I say to him as I begin to pour both of us cups of coffee adding sugar and cream to both just the way we like it.

"I like when you call me Doctor...Doctor Jareau" he says as he plates up our breakfasts

"You know- when we get married technically we would both be Dr. Reid" I say looking at him swiping one of the raspberries off of his plate

"Darling, you say that as if I've already proposed to you"

"Oh trust me honey, don't worry your pretty boy brain, I know I'll be Doctor Reid one day" I say as I begin to dig into my breakfast. Spence made us scrambled eggs with toast and a side of berries

He seems to just pause and watch me seemingly stuff my face with the food he made us, as if he wanted to etch this moment into his memory, he doesn't think I notice him watching me, but I do notice. I love it when he does that.

"So, what do you want to do today?" I ask him as I take a sip of my coffee.

"You" Spencer replies watching me as my cheeks flush

"Spencer Reid. How inappropriate!" I say, making an over dramatic gasp following his comment , "Baby, you can do me whenever you like except when we have THINGS TO DO" I say swiping another raspberry from his plate since I had finished all of mine