28 is pretty great

I spent the night once I landed in D.C spending time with my sister, my brother in law and the bestest nephew a girl could ask for.

We went to dinner at a little diner a few blocks away from their house. It was cozy, and reminiscent of our home town in Pennsylvania.

I topped the night off heading to my townhouse in DC. It's a tall, red-brick 3 story, with 3beds and 3baths. I bought it late last year, and it's become the home that I've always dreamt about.

In the next two days, I'll be interviewing for the job of a lifetime. I honestly can't believe this is the life I've made.

"Let's see. What should I watch tonight?" I say to myself trying to figure out what to watch on Netflix. I settled on the Great British Baking Show because in all honesty Baking is the one thing I WISH I was good at, and watching other people do it especially under pressure is like magic to me.

I pop myself some popcorn, pour myself a glass of Pinot Grigio, and settle in to my sofa for the night as I binge episode after episode.

3:52 AM

"Dang, I REALLY passed out huh?"

I make my way to the kitchen, putting my dishes in the sink. As I get myself ready for bed, I check my emails, a few random texts here and there and shut everything down for the evening. I grab the book I'm reading off of my nightstand and disappear into the imaginary world it has me in, and slip away into another deep slumber.

____________________________________

October 28, 2013

This morning I woke up around 11:00, I made myself some eggs, bacon, and toast and didn't skip my morning glass of coffee, with 5 sugars and 2 creamers. I made my way to the porch, and just listened to the sound of cars passing by and focused on the smell of fresh fall air, with whiffs of my coffee while eating my breakfast.

To: JJ ⚡️
Would you and the boys want to come over for dinner tonight? I'm making your favorite!

From: JJ ⚡️
We'd love to! What time should we come over?

To: JJ ⚡️
What would work best for you two?

From: JJ ⚡️
Does 7:30 work?

To: JJ ⚡️
Yes! That works great! I'll see you guys then :)

I quickly finish up my breakfast and get ready for the day. I hop in the shower, making it a quick one, and blow-drying my hair til it's not as damp.
I settle on a burnt orange sweater that is off the shoulders with my best pair of dark blue jeans, finishing off the look with a pair of short brown heeled combat boots.
I do my makeup simple, with a simple base, a coral toned blush with a couple layers of mascara, topped with a nude lipstick.

I lock up and start heading to the local market to pick up a few things for our family dinner tonight.

____________________________________

JJ's Perspective

"Who ya texting?" Spencer asks inquisitively as he saw me smile when looking at my phone.

"Just my sister, she invited the boys and I over for dinner tonight. I'm just excited." I say to him, as I watch him take in an answer he wasn't expecting.