Blurred Lines

"Thank you guys for coming in and getting the paperwork done this week with the case regarding JJ and Cruz, I know it was hard work and you deserve this upcoming break. Stay safe, and I'll see you in two weeks" Hotch says as we cap off our business prior to a two week vacation period.

"Spencer" I ask, as I walk over to his desk with my go bag in tow

"Eleanor" he says mimicking my use of his full name

"Would you wanna catch a movie tonight? I've been feeling like a movie night would be fun and I don't want to go alone"

"Sure! That sounds awesome! I can pick you up if you'd like."

"Yeah that's great! 8:30?"

"8:30 works for me!" He shouts out as I make my way to the elevator, I can slowly feel the blush on my face creeping in.

It's been a couple months since Spencer and I had sex. I've honestly been wondering if it was a one-time thing. With everything that happened with JJ and the constant shuffling of cases and paperwork we haven't had time to discuss what "this" is.
Spencer has become my best friend.
My best friend that has given me the most insane orgasms I've ever had.
That's an interesting sentence.

"I'm coming!!" I shout towards the door as I make my way down the stairs, assuming Spencer has arrived.

I open the door and walk away, expecting that he'll come right in as I'm trying to put my stubborn earrings in.

"You literally just opened the door? I could've been a serial killer." he says as he shuts the door behind him

"Well, good thing you're not right?" I say as I slip on a pair of white sneakers and then walk up to him giving a kiss on the cheek before heading to grab my purse, unsure of what he'll think of it.

I make my way to the entryway to go grab my purse, but he grabs me by the arm and pulls me in front of him.

"I think you missed" he says before lifting my chin with his right hand and wrapping his left behind my neck, diving in for the most gentle yet sensual kiss I've ever had, leaving me breathless by the time the kiss ends.

"Whoa" I say as I slide my hand down his chest, taking in his whole figure with my eyes. He's dressed in a baby blue button down with khaki pants, and black converse, casual but not as preppy as he normally is.

"Come on beautiful, we're gonna miss the movie" he says focusing me on the task at hand

"Right, yes, movie. Onward to the theatre!" I say in a ridiculously and quite obnoxious British accent as he just laughs as I take his hand in mine guiding him out of my townhome.

—————

The movie was fine, but I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss that we exchanged before leaving. Would this be considered a date? Is that what he wants? We still haven't had a real conversation.

"So, what'd you think of the movie?" Spence asks as we walk down the street, with no destination in mind.

"It was good-yeah I really liked the part where the girl um- where the girl decided that she was going to um-"

"You didn't really pay attention to the movie did you," he asks smirking at me. God that smile. I could get used to seeing that smile forever.

 I could get used to seeing that smile forever