R U LOST BBY GRILL

My shitty note of thanks + rant

Yes, I made that gif above.

I don't even know how and why what started as a mocking parody suddenly transformed into a soft, fluffy fanfiction but I vibe with it, I guess.

I remember coming across 365 Days in a movie review video by Elvis the Alien and then going into the comments and seeing this comment:

"Okay, which 12 year-old's Wattpad fanfiction has this been ripped off from?"

Angry as it made me (because I know well enough that there are hundred of brilliant works of art amongst the thousands of trashy works - in fact, my rl has about sixty of them), I had to agree. This is the type of content that represents us. No matter how much we cry in the replies section that no, all fanfiction is not like that, but unfortunately most of it is.

And I'm sorry to say that the author of the book that this- this atrocious pile of turd was inspired from is not a twelve-year old.

A fully grown woman, who wrote an entire fucking trilogy of books that glorifies non-consensual stuff like groping and more uncomfortable stuff I'm not comfortable to share, the blatant glorification of sex slavery, slut-shaming, romanticising kid...

A fully grown woman, who wrote an entire fucking trilogy of books that glorifies non-consensual stuff like groping and more uncomfortable stuff I'm not comfortable to share, the blatant glorification of sex slavery, slut-shaming, romanticising kidnapping and so many other things, is disgusting to me.

Granted, it is an erotic fiction and I do not have a problem with the excessive sexual content in it because that's the genre; it's how literally every single thing -  sexual or not sexual - is made to seem okay because the male lead is a. hot, b. saves the female lead from drowning and the female lead a. is okay with all this asshattery, b. kinda digs it and c. is a literal dumbass??

Like no, women do not enjoy abuse. And if there are women who do, I'm sorry to break this to you men - but most of the times it's because they have been groomed to think that it is (which is sick) or because they're as disgusting as the men who enjoy abuse.

What irritated me more was that there were literal fanfictions of Y/N's spreading their legs for Mr. Massimo

So, in a fit of womanly rage, I decided to drag this dumb movie (the plot is basically glorification of every unconsensual act in the world) to hell. With a soft sope fanfiction.

I hope I did okay. This was mostly light-hearted, as it was a parody. And I was as lazy as possible with it because why should I put any effort into a parody of the laziest erotic fiction? My favorite Karmagisa fanfiction on ao3 had better porn. And actual weight to it, y'know what I mean? I could imagine the protagonists as living, breathing characters. Newsflash, being a gangster is not a personality trait.

This goes to all the "twelve-year olds" writing fanfiction on Wattpad. Age, unfortunately, is never really a useful criteria to determine one's nature and maturity. I've met ten-year-olds with a better conscience and moral compass.

And I know that there are 20+ adults on this app who also write this kind of stuff.

Now onto something lighter:

The French phrases in the sixth chapter translate to:

Hoseok blushed, because he was embarassed. He said:

"I want to kiss you."

I used very simple French because I'm a beginner and NOT with the help of Google Translate. In fact, I already knew the conjugation for blush in French - it was in our syllabus.

And I lied when I said in my author's note in With a Pinch of Salt that that would be my first and last ship-fic.

I also lied when I told Mae that Hoseok's father would come in chapter ten, while knowing fully well that this book wouldn't be longer than eight chapters (prologue and epilogue counted).

:))))))))))

Okay I'm done.

See you in another work, maybe?

~maits.