EPILOGUE

365 Days

365 Days

YOONGI braced himself as he walked up to the manager's office. He rapped his knuckles on the door. After hearing a muffled "come in", he made his way inside.

"You called me, sir?" He asked.

"Yes," said his manager, wearing his never-changing look of sorrow. "I have news for you."

"I'm so sorry for whatever I might've said to the customer who complained. I don't know what part of our conversation offended them but I'm fully willing to apologise and own up for all my offending remarks - please don't fire me."

The wrinkly old tire opened his mouth and let it remain open for a while before closing it. He opened it again, this time, for the purpose of saying:

"That's not why I called you here Yoongi. I have good news for you. You're now the manager of this retail store, because I have to retire."

The prospect of retirement managed to spark the briefest sign of positivity on the man's face, but it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

"Oh," Yoongi gasped, holding his chest.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh, my God!"

Yoongi burst out of the office as his manager said in earshot:

"Please stop screaming, Yoongi. You'll startle prospective buyers with that behaviour."

*

Yoongi picked up a sleepy Chinhae from the daycare after his shift. Strapping the six-year-old to his car seat, Yoongi walked to the front and opened the door to the driver's seat. He revved the engine and was just about to pull out of the parking pace when the little boy spoke:

"Appa, what's with that big smile? You look like Pennywise."

"Who's making you watch horror movies?" Yoongi asked, scandalized.

"Papa needed my em-emosheenul support."

"He's going to get it from me today," Yoongi muttered under his breath.

"You didn't tell me why you were smiling like that."

"Well, I got promoted! That's why I'm happy!"

"What does that mean?" Chinhae asked.

"It, uhm, means I got the class monitor role in my office."

"Oh. That makes sense."

*

Matilda greeted them when she opened the door. The sounds of Yoongi reprimanding a frantically apologising Hoseok filled the house while the rising volume of Chinhae's cartoon threatened to dominate theirs.

Hoseok now ran Build-a-Bear; he did it his own way tho - children could operate the stuffing machine now (with adult supervision, of course). He bought it seven months after entering the dating life with Yoongi. It took some convincing on Yoongi's end.

Nothing much had changed, really.

Apart from the gold bands that now rested on their fingers and the presence of Chinhae, who they adopted a year after marriage.

It is uncertain to say when exactly they fell for each other but Yoongi did propose to Hoseok, not after 365 days - but after 1095 days of meeting him.

unedited.

head over to the next chapter for my attempt at a thank you note and my slightly agressive rant