VI

It's a date, not a wedding

YOONGI gazed at the open skies as he stood on the edge of the swimming pool, wondering about the important things in life.

How, in a span of three short months, so much had happened.

Jungkook had started talking to him like a normal human being. Jungkook scratched his back without complaint (that's what he thinks), Jungkook filling him a rose-petal-and-milk-and-honey bath every day, Jungkook babysitting his grumpy ass whenever he missed Hoseok and so many things.

And Namjoon managed to fix Matilda. Instead of breaking doors, she broke their knobs instead.

Oh, and he had the fattest crush on Hoseok - which now wasn't limited to his looks alone.

It was surreal (from the butler and inventor's point of view) to see how two fully-grown adults with functioning body parts such as a brain and a mind to express themselves, were behaving akin to toddlers; toddlers that were mortified at the very sight of a Disney kiss, to put it into narrower terms.

Granted, Hoseok was nearly always a gentleman (his sudden decision to kidnap Yoongi was still a mystery to Jungkook) but did Yoongi have to find that so swoon-worthy? It didn't help that Hoseok was perhaps the sweetest creature to walk on the planet - Yoongi was still recovering from the surprise breakfast on his birthday.

And granted, Yoongi still had salt residing on the tip of his tongue but Hoseok found his honesty and invisible (well, almost) help so adorable that his fingers would itch to squish his cheeks at times.

Perhaps Hoseok's modesty and Yoongi's genuineness was what made them so attracted to each other. Looks were, of course, the added bonus.

And yet, with all this chemistry, Jungkook had to wonder aloud:

"Why haven't they kissed yet?"

"Because they're both dumbasses. Sweet, lovely ones, but dumbasses all the same," Namjoon answered, shaking his head.

"Well, it's no secret that they like each other - I think they made that clear from the very start. What's keeping them from eating their faces out?"

Namjoon wrinkled his nose at Jungkook's crude vocabulary. "I suppose they need time, like everyone else, to sort their feelings out."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "Three months? You would've thought they would have ended up having kitchen sex after that baking class."