chapter 9

"Well, aren't y'all the cutest?!" She takes a seat in the chair next to us. She's super pretty... purple hair, tattoos, gauged ears... Huge tits.

"Hey, Charlie... This is Helene. Charlie works with us... she's always willing to cover one of us in the kitchen, so we love Charlie."

We chat a little, I like her, but she seems like the type where you don't want to end up on her shit list.

"Pete was right. She's good for you, Morales... Don't fuck it up." And just then, Pete crosses the room and whispers something in her ear, getting her to smile and leave the room with him.

"They're fuck buddies," Felix explains before I can even ask.

"So... boyfriend... Why does everyone keep bringing up how good this is? How bad was your ex?"

He smiles. "I like that... Being your boyfriend, it sounds good." But then he looks down, and his tone changes. "It was bad... I mean, she treated me like shit, and I let her. Then I treated her like shit... I couldn't stay away like I thought I deserved her. Everyone hated her, especially when we started getting into drugs... Anyway... It was fucking bad. I don't like to talk about it, especially when life is so good now."

He kisses me on the nose and looks away. I was not expecting that... That doesn't even sound like him, not the Felix I've come to know. So I grab his chin and make him look at me. As we stare at each other, my eyes damp... "Felix, you make me so happy. I love.... Being with you."

Shit, so close. He laughs and says, "Me too." I roll my eyes at our ridiculousness. It's only been two months, and we both clearly have baggage. I guess I get the hesitation... But I don't want to be the first to say it.

***

I'm not sure who comes up with it first, but it gets decided that we will all sneak into the hotel's indoor pool. Felix and I are the least drunk, but I find myself being bold when dared by Charlie to strip down and jump in with her. I've never been so thankful to be wearing nice underwear- a black bra and navy lace panties. We strip, hold hands, and squeal as we jump. Felix and Pete stare at us, then each other, before quickly stripping down to their boxer briefs, cannonballing in. Followed by the rest of the guys and some ladies they invited.

As soon as he's in, Felix grabs hold of me. "You are always surprising me," he says, kissing me deeply.

"I hope it's okay that I'm in my undies in front of your friends... My ex would have been so pissed at me."

"He sounds like a dick. They all know you're mine, plus it looks like a bikini... let them see how fucking hot you are."

"Okay, you're my favorite!" Charlie exclaims, swimming over. "I heard you were a school counselor and thought you'd be more... timid. Here you are accepting dares like a boss!"

I explain that Naomi and I have always dared each other... That this is on the more tame side. But when she asks what the craziest dare was, I hesitate. I laugh and look at Felix.

"What?? Does it involve me?"

"Citrus Sweet," I wince and cover my face.

"Holy shit, really? Best dare ever! Thank you, Naomi!" He yells while laughing.

"Spill," Charlie demands, smiling.

So I tell her about Naomi, how I had received some hard news that day, and how Felix had texted. "The look on her face... I mean, she just thought she was so clever. 'Text him back, tell him to come here, and then fuck him in the alleyway.'"

"My dream girl!" Felix says softly, kissing me.

Charlie looks bewildered. "Well, we're friends now. You better give me your number before you leave." Charlie insists, laughing as I join in.