The Letter for Felix

|| Previously (chapter 15)

"Yes, of course, mama! I'll be right back." I rush into the kitchen with Giselle, smiling. "What can we give her???" Did I get my miracle?

When I return to the living room where the boys are, I see Mom and Felix hugging, tears in her eyes. It feels like they just had a moment, and when they pull away, I almost detect guilt. I must have a confused, questioning look on my face as I walk over.

"It's nothing." Mom waves off with her hand. ||

3rd POV

Gabrielle watches Helene leave the room; she will miss seeing that beautiful smile. She knows this might be the only moment she has. She calls Felix closer to her.

"How are the two of you doing? I'm surprised to see you here." She asked.

"We're good. Really good. I love her so much... I... I couldn't not be here."

"Sweet boy. She's scared by how much she loves you."

"I want to marry her someday... She's it for me. I'll take good care of her for you."

"I know you will. I need you to get the ring box and letter I left for you in my top drawer. It's under my socks. Sorry if you see any old lady underwear." Gabrielle says, smiling. Felix chuckles. "Do it as soon as you can without Helene seeing you."

"I will. Thank you for her."

Gabrielle puts her arms out for a hug, and when Felix leans in to make contact, she whispers, "Thank you for you."

As they pull away, Helene returns to the room with jello and a spoon in her hands. Giselle is just a little behind her. Helene looks confused, knowing she's intruded, but Gabrielle reassures her that it's nothing.

When Helene sits down to spoon-feed Gabrielle some jello, Marty claps Felix on the shoulder and whispers, "Welcome to the family, man."

Felix takes this time to slip out and find the ring box and letter. Knowing what he's doing, Gabrielle distracts Helene with jokes and stories. She may be sly, but Felix knows Gabrielle is enjoying her last moments with her family.

He decides he'll read the letter some other time, so he hastily puts the contents in his travel bag. Felix rejoins his family, not wanting to miss much of the remaining time with his future mother-in-law. He winks at Gabrielle, conveying that he did as she asked, before standing behind a seated Helene and placing his hands on her shoulders.

•♡•

Dear Felix,
Hopefully, you did as I said and found this ring right after I told you about it. I imagine it will be the first thing Helene looks for after I pass. She always did love it. It belonged to my mom, she passed away when Marty was just a baby. Car accident. Ohh gosh, what if we're cursed? Can you imagine? Maybe not having kids will save Helene. How have I never thought of that?

Anyway, I digress... After my mom passed, my dad wore it on a chain around his neck until he passed away. He was older... Bad heart. Or maybe he just missed my mom. It seems I ramble even when I'm writing!

Suffice it to say Helene loves this ring. And I know in my heart you two are soulmates... Please use it to propose to her. And don't worry about if it's too soon...I know my sweet baby is always second-guessing herself. The heart knows. Do it whenever it feels right. You're such a sweet boy, I'm so glad I got to meet you and your family.

Okay well... I think I'll take a nap now. Be good honey. And if you hurt my daughter, I won't hesitate to haunt you.

Much love,
Gabrielle

Much love,Gabrielle