chapter 22

My last weekend with the boys happens to be in a city where Naomi is going for a work trip. What are the odds? So we plan for her to meet the guys and experience a little of what I have in the past month and a half. Then the two of us fly back home together, making leaving Felix easier.

This month and a half have been exactly what I needed. It has been so completely healing. I've been selfish with my time, opting to do what I want and need instead of giving everything I have into taking care of others. I'm mentally and physically ready to return to work, to real life.

There's been a slight shift today as we wait for Naomi to join us... Like a changing of the guards. Felix and I are painfully aware that we have to be apart again for a few months. It's heavy in the air. Part of me thinks we're being dramatic, but it feels painful to think of not seeing him every day. Living with him, kissing him, touching him.

I know we're on the same page because we can't stop touching each other. If we're in the same room, we are connected in some way. And I know Felix loves me more than anything because he's putting up with a lot of shit talk from the guys. It hardly seems to phase him, which makes my love for him grow deeper. He's the only guy I've been with that doesn't mind being lovey-dovey. I've always craved touch and PDA; Felix satiates that craving because he craves it too.

We're all in Pete's room hanging out, watching Diego and Pete play some sports video game. I use the term watching lightly. I'm barely paying attention. We are docked for the weekend, so when I get the text from Naomi that she is here, I jump up and squeal, practically running out to bring her back in.

When we come back to the room, we are holding hands and smiling widely. I'm sure Adam makes a dirty comment because it caused Felix to elbow him in the ribs. The action makes us look over, and Naomi whispers in my ear how fucking hot Adam is. I make all the introductions. She's just excited to finally be in the same room as all of them. These boys have taken me in and are practically family to me at this point. It's exciting to blend my two worlds.

Naomi is flirty and fun; the guys take to her immediately. We set Naomi up in an empty cabin, and she falls in line with the schedule the guys have been keeping. And she is loving every moment.

When we go to the club that night, we head directly for the VIP section, as usual. Since this has become my life recently, I laugh at the fact that Naomi is enamored. I almost forgot how much cooler it is to be treated like VIP. When we all take our traditional going-out shots, I see Naomi talking to Pete with her hand on his arm. Clearly flirting with him... until Charlie walks over. I fucking knew it.

Charlie grabs Pete's face aggressively and kisses him, staking her claim. He falls into her trap, as usual, and kisses her back. Naomi steps back, smiling, with her hands up, admitting defeat. Naomi likes to flirt and enjoys hooking up with people, but she would never knowingly take someone else's man.

I walk over to them because I want to make sure nothing crazy happens. My initial assessment of Charlie was to not end up on her shit list, which I've learned is 100 percent true. So I want to make sure Naomi stays clear of it as well.

"Charlie, this is Naomi. I've told you about her... She's the one that always dares me. You wanted to meet her." I remind her, but her vibe is still defensive.

"This one's off-limits."

"Got it. Loud and clear... Steer me towards the easy, available ones." When Naomi smiles, it's always disarming. Always contagious.

Charlie's affect lightens. She points to the group of guys near the bar composed of Adam, Diego, and other crew members.

"Thanks, girl. I owe you. Also, your tits look fantastic in that top." Naomi squeezes my arm before seeking out her prey.