Reminders of the Past

ASHLEY POV

BRING!

BRING!

BRING!

I jolted up out of bed, whimpering a bit as I was shaken from my dream.

I peered out my window to see that the sun had not risen.

Is it still late?

I looked to my clock to see it was about 4 am.

Wtf.

I checked my phone to see who had been texting me this hour.

I swiped my phone and read the text.

"Heya! We just flew in. Meet us at the airport? :3" -alesa.

A smile spread across my face as I jumped out of bed.

"Yesss!" I giggled with excitement.

I hurried out of bed and grabbed a black sweater and slid in my fluffy slippers.

I looked for my keys, then remembered I had no car.

"Damn." I bit my nail, remembering the only person that rented a car was Mitch.

I shuffled out of my room and locked the door.

I didn't want to wake everyone up, so I tiptoed down the hallway a few feet from Mitch's room.

"I shouldn't knock...is his phone on?" I said to myself, grabbing my cell from my pocket, sending a quick "yo" to his phone.

I heard it buzz from the door, waiting a few minutes to see if he would respond.

"Waaaaaaat" I received.

"Adam and Alesa just flew in, we have to pick them up." I wrote back quickly as I grew anxious.

I heard small shuffling and whimpering before his large footsteps approached the door.

The knob clicked and he swung it open.

His hair was ruffled and his eyes had slight bags underneath, while his pants were extremely wrinkled along with his shirt.

"Shhhh." He said as he closes the door behind him.

"Are we getting anyone else?" I said.

"Nah, Jerome is pissy when he gets up early and Jessica didn't want to go." He groaned as he rubbed his eyes.

"I could drive myself if you wanna sleep." I said softly as he began trudging down the hallway.

"Nah. Cant risk you crashing the car." He chuckled tiredly.

"Fuck you." I grumbled as I began hopping down the hall.

We made our way through the halls and down the elevator, retrieving odd looks from the workers as we passed them in pajamas.

"Nice slippers." Mitch laughed, looking down at my fuzzy penguin shoes.

"You're the one to talk." I smirked down at his pink flamingo slippers.

"Touche." He said, pushing through the doors as we exited the hotel.

He ran across the parking lot while I skipped beside him, turning to the black rental car he had gotten.

He opened my door before sliding across the hood like some police officer in those movies.

"Nailed it." He chuckled, entering the car.

"Nice." I said, buckling in before he pulled out of the parking lot and into the streets of cancun.

The sun had begun to shine over the horizon, leaving a large mix of pink and orange spreading across the sky, lighting everything around it with a soft warm hue.