Catching up.

After feeling absolute regret from agreeing to go to Mitchells wedding, I wanted to do nothing more then crawl into bed and whine about my pathetic life.

I barely had a chance to move when I heard my skype ringing.

"What does Jerome want know?" I huffed, turning to face my screen.

I clicked answer BEFORE reading the contact name.

My eyes glanced quickly before the camera began to buffer.

Wait..
Did it say...

"Mitch?" I squinted, looking at my screen.

The person who bared that name appeared on my screen.

"Hey...Ashley.." His voiced said, matching the nervous movement of his lips.

His honey eyes were wide with surprise, and probably a mixture of other emotions as well.

His posture was straight up, making him look tense.

His chestnut hair was slightly damp, and he probably just got out of the shower.

I immediately mimicked his appearance, feeling the same awkward vibe, yet trying to remain calm and collected when all I wanted to do was screAM.

"So uh...hows it going?" He said.

"Uh..pretty good." I shrugged.
AAAAAAAAAAAH

"Great...good." Mitch nodded.

"How about you?"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

"Im good. Doing good." He shrugged.

"Thats nice." I nodded.
AHHHHHHH-INAUDIBLE PTERODACTYL SCREECHING.

"So...Jerome invited you to my wedding?" Mitch said.

My internal screaming halted when he spoke.

So thats why he called me?
Of course he called me for that.
He wouldn't call to say hi, or to apologize for all the absolute BULLSHIT he has put me through.

"Yeah. Is..is that I problem? I mean, I get it...Its okay if I cant go.." I muttered.

"Nononnono its not that. I was just...I haven't talked to you in a while so I wanted to get reacquainted is all." He said.

Reacquainted? Was I gone for five years?

"Oh yeah. Ok cool." I said a little softly as I began twiddling my thumbs.

"So.." Mitch said.

"So.." I sighed.

MITCHS pov.

"Hahahahahah! You did what?!" Ashley giggled as she held a hand over her mouth.

"I shit you not, I was so drunk yet I was still so cheap! As I was barfing in the toilet, feeling like I was about to die, I told matt to take me to the vet because hospitals were 'too expensive'" I chuckled while putting air quotes around my words.

"And they laughed at you?!" Ashley smirked.

"Yeah! I could've threw up my intestines and they would've been busting their asses." I said while talking a sip of my water.

"Well you wanted to go to the vet rather than received medical treatment. Goddamn penny pincher." Ashley teased.

"I like my money, thank you very much." I said.

"Is that why you're spending it on a thousand dollar wedding?" Ashley said.

"Wedding?" I asked in confusion.

Ashley stared at me dumbly through my screen.

Wedding? Shit my wedding!

Im getting married.

I looked over at the time of our current call.

3 hours.

We have been talking for 3 hours.

"Hah..uh..yeah. I gotta go. I didn't think it would be this late." I said.

Ashley's face fell into the cutest pout.

"Okay. I will...Ill talk to you later...maybe?" She looked at me with her big brown eyes.

Her shoulders were pushed up and her head was slightly blowed, allowing her short purple hair to flow down her porcelain face.

Was she always this cute?

"Yeah. Definitely."

She smiled brightly, her cheeks turning a slight pink.

TOO CUTE. TOO CUTE.
NOPE. CANT HANDLE IT.
IM GETTING MARRIED IM GETTING MARRIED IMGETTINGMARRIEDIMGETTINGNMARRIEDIMGETTING-

"Mitch? Did you hear me?" Her sweet voice said.

"Huh? Oh sorry I got dazed for a bit. Super tired you know." I coughed.

"Okay. I just said goodnight." She sighed.

"Night Ash." I smiled before the screen turned back I was redirected to my hole screen.

I knew this would happen.

I knew this would still happen.

This is why I didn't want her at my wedding..

Jessica didnt care about who I invited, especially not Ashley..

I knew if I talked to her again... I would...

I still...

ASHLEYS POV.

"ASSHH! HE CALLED ME ASH!" I squealed into my pillow as I rolled about my bed.

"That idiot! Doesnt he know how adorable he is when he called me ash! BECAUSE MOTHERFUCKER HE IS ADORABLE." I shouted into my pillow once again.

Butterflies were flying and darting into my stomach, almost as if they were playing soccer.

My face felt hot to match the red giggly blush on my cheeks.

For a moment...it still felt like we were dating.

His smile..it was that same smile he gave when he said he loved me.
His eyes were the same too..
Everything was...like before.

What? Water?

I wiped my cheek, feeling the warm tear streak across my face.

I groaned.

"STUPID MITCH AND HIS STUPID FACE, MAKING ME FEEL THESE STUPID HORMONES!" I growled, throwing the pillow across the room.

I needed to scream again.

Hello pillow number 2.

(SHORT AND FLUFFY CHAPTER WOO)