Chapter 5- Stray Exorcist

After finishing his first day at Kuoh Academy. Goku, Rias and Akeno made their way to the ORC building. As they got inside, Goku decided to head up to the bedroom to change into his gi. He went back down to the main room, seeing Akeno alone.

"Where did Rias go?"

"She is just taking a shower right now."

"Oh, right."

The both of them wait for the others to arrive.

Kiba and Koneko entered together then Issei shortly after. They all sat within the main room while Rias was still taking a shower in the bathroom.

"So, was that a good first day then Goku?" Kiba asked him.

"Yeah actually, it was quite interesting to say the least." He chuckled. "I enjoyed it. Haven't really experienced anything like that actually." He rubbed the back of his head.

"Huh? You've never been to school before?" Issei asked with a confused look.

"No never." Goku was slightly embarrassed. "In my childhood, my grandfather use to home school me."

"So, what have you been doing besides not going to school?" Kiba asked.

"I guess just training every day, pretty much." Goku shrugged his shoulders.

"Training everyday? Wouldn't that not like get boring dude?" Issei and the rest of the club were surprised by Gokus words.

"Not really Issei. For me, I train to overcome my limits and better myself, so I can protect others from danger. And trust me, nothing makes me happier." He smiled.

Everyone was touched by Gokus words of his desire to protect others. Rias was able to hear this as well from the shower. They all smiled with admiration.

"That's so sweet Goku." Akeno giggle as she nudged his arm.

Goku blushes a little.

"That is indeed very admiring Goku. You dedicate your power to helping others. I respect that." Kiba nodded.

Goku heard the shower turn off as did everyone. Rias then left the bathroom and entered the room while wrapped in a towel. She dried her hair with a spare one she was holding.

"It's still unfortunate that you won't be joining my peerage Goku. But I do still completely respect your reasoning."

Everyone was surprised by Rias' statement. Except for Akeno who most likely already knew.

"You declined the offer to join the peerage?" Kiba asked.

"Yeah. Rias did inform me of the benefits of joining, but my reasons are simple. I want to gain my own power on my own and I don't want to leave the people I know behind as they age." Goku explained to them.

"That's a bummer dude." Issei frowned.

"That doesn't mean that I won't help you guys out." Goku grinned while looking at them all.

They all smiled especially Rias who was glad that he wanted to help them.

"So, what are you guys up to today?" Goku asked.

Rias moved to her seat at the desk and sat down. Everyone looked at her, waiting for her to answer for them.

"We are quite busy with summon requests later on tonight." She answered.

"What do you do when you go on these requests? If you don't mind me asking?"

"Ah that's right Goku, I haven't told you that yet." She crosses her arms on the desk. "A summon request is a contract that a human makes. To simply put it, whatever the client wants done by the devil who is doing the contract and if the devil fulfills that request then they may earn a pact and even rewards. Devils can be promoted through this but it's a slow method, but popular for low ranking devils."