𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐣𝐚𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐫 - 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 (pt. i)

A/N - This story will contain mild angst/sadness ** It will also be told in your pov. I suggest listening to xanny by billie eilish while reading :) Season three spoilers!!

After a few days since the operation to re-take wall Maria we finally decided to go on an expedition to this so called 'ocean'. Armin talks about it endlessly so we couldn't forget it. Your former boyfriend, Eren, has been in such a mood. It's like since the battle we had at wall Maria really shook him up. I don't blame him, we lost our commander, and almost Armin. Everyone was a little down in the dumps. Eren has always gotten into rebellious moods, but this time it was different. The green light in his eyes have faded. of course you've always been scared of losing him. In more ways than much. He's nearly died so many times, scaring you half to death. You two were the love birds among the scouts, being together since being in the cadet corps. Hope is all you have left.

It was the day of the ocean expedition. Everyone being on edge made your anxiety very high. Eren has hardly spoken a word since wall Maria. It scared you. What could he be planning? Maybe he's just shaken up by the basement and everything. Time passes as you wake up in your small room about 5 am. Probably only a few awake. You packed some water and supplies into a smaller bag, as you went outside to saddle up your horse. 'God, eren, please talk to me today..' Your inner monologue spoke. Speak of the devil, the gloomy brunet walked outside to saddle up his own horse. Like you both would usually do, you walked up to him and gave him a light hug from behind. To your surprise, he flinched. He's never done that. "Eren...are you doing okay? Be honest. You can't ignore me and your friends forever." You spoke. Eren let out a sigh, walking slightly out of your arms. "I'm fine." He stated. "Liar. Eren I'm your significant other.. your partner, your person. You can't lie to me like that, I know you too well." You had a concerned look plastered on your face.

"Look. Let's just say I'm still not recovered from wall Maria. Okay? Happy?" Eren snapped. You looked up at the male and he sighed. "I'm sorry. Let's just get this expedition over with." He continued as he pulled you into a small embrace, but you knew he meant everything. You nodded and walked back to your horse. About 30 minutes passed and it was time. The remaining scout's was lined up in formation, ready to take off. Eren was beside you, with Armin and Mikasa on his other side. Before you know it, after traveling for an hour, there it was. That salty smell in the air Armin has talked about numerous times. It was only a couple of minutes until you and your comrades have reached a somewhat large wall and a endless range of blue. Miles and miles of water. You glance over to Eren, expecting him to be happy. This was his and his friends dreams. But he still had that depressing yet focused expression. A little bit of sorrow, too.

As expected Armin was happy as ever. The rest of your friends, happy, laughing, and even scared. You laughed to yourself. After admiring the blue eternity, you walk over to your lover, who is staring across the sea. "Don't you think this is amazing? Haha, I mean look how joyful everyone is." You stopped talking as you noticed Eren's expression. It was sad, but he still had that determined as always look. He softly entangled his hand into yours before pointing out to the vast ocean. "Eren, what are you-" You get cut off as he begins to speak again. "The fight is not over yet. Not until we're free." He never looked at your gaze at him. A confused expression filled your face. "But for now, it's over. Eren we don't have to fight for a while." You gave him the inspiring words. But as always they failed to persuade him. His eyes finally met yours, and his hand slipped away from yours. "I'm truly sorry, y/n. But these will be our last moments together." Confused by his words, you feel him slip a letter into your jacket. 'Was he breaking up with me? Why? Why are things ending?' You subconsciously thought as he walked away from you. Ever so emotional as you are, your eyes were soon filled with tears as he was walking back up to his horse. Your mind was running wild, jumping to many conclusions, but he cared. There was sorrow in his voice when he was speaking to you. But why, why now? Unfortunately you may never get the answers you have the right to know of. Your mind still questioning, you only came up with one thought. He's going to succeed what he wants, no matter what. And that's why he has to leave.

Because those were the last moments.

_______________________________________________

this wasn't very depressing, and not as many words as I usually succsed to, but once season four is done and out, a part two will be here! I truly don't want to spoil people so that's why I'm waiting. By the way, this book is doing so much better as I originally thought.
Requests are still open! Probably a levi chapter coming up!