𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐡 - 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫

keeping a whole relationship amongst the entire survey corp was— hard. to say the least that is.

ever since you and erwin smith, your once commander, fell in love, things changed. for the better. you were invited to be in the levi squad being that your fighting skill and mindset was one of the strongest in your class.

no, you were not apart of the 104th cadet corps. you graduated along side of erwin smith and the rest of the levi squad themselves.

before then during your cadet days, erwin was simply a comrade. you and him shared similar ideals, and got along quite well. many of your friends would tease you about how similar erwin and you was, saying things such as 'you would make a great pair!'.

and here you are, waiting outside for your now boyfriend, your commander, erwin smith. it was weird having him as a controlling demeanor during battle and such. though a part of you didn't necessarily mind that.

"y/n." a familiar voice called out. you turned your head around, to be faced with him. "sorry i'm late.. you have no idea the amount of paperwork the government throws on me." erwin spoke, letting out a sigh as he walked towards you.

"no, no it's alright. you're commander and you have duties to fulfill! but you also need rest or relaxation." you replied, as the both of you entangled your hands together. "c'mon let's go watch the sunset." you suggested.

erwin nodded. "fine by me. i don't have too long though." the blonde male said, a smile creeping onto his lips.

with that you both made your way onto a hill near the survey corp headquarters, a hill that's been visited frequently by you both; it was like a getaway. beautiful flowers bloomed there, an outlook onto a nearby lake that glistened in the sun would be visible, and during the spring many birds would chip almost like songs.

waking atop the hill, you crouched down and sat onto the green grass. "sit, mister. it won't hurt you do get a little dirty." you jokes, patting down onto the spot next to you. he sat down beside you, looking out to the sky.

usually when things would get tough and stressful you'd take erwin out here to relax. to forget a few moments as the worlds problems caved in on you. he would rant, you would comfort him, things may have gotten a little steamy before at that spot.

"so, what's the government pestering you about now?" you asked. he let out a sigh, shifting his gaze to look at you. "things with eren. ever since he was found out to be a titan things just went from there. but that's quite usual isn't it."

you put a arm around his hand and gently pushed it onto your shoulder and lightly played with his hair; something erwin was a fan of during stressful times. "things will calm down in a matter of time. we still have lots to learn but it'll get easier. you're the commander and a damn good one. you got this under control." you spoke the encouraging words as he starred into your e/c irises. his once worry filled expression turned into a relieved one.

"thank you, y/n. you know exactly what to say. always have. apart of the reason why i love you so. you know me better than i know myself." erwin replied, letting out a soft laugh. you nodded in return, not being able to fight back your big smile.

both of you in unison turned your gaze to the now setting sun. it was a magnificent sight, something that could take anyone's breath away if they appreciated nature's looks.

the pinks and oranges reflected off of the river and onto your faces as well. the comfortable silence was enough for you both. being that time spent together alone was sometimes hard to receive.

erwin soon turned to look back at you. "y/n, i'd like for you to know something." he continued. "if anything ever happens to me, i want you to take my roll as commander." with that comment, you turned to face him, faced inches apart.

"erwin, as long as i have anything to do about it nothing happening to you." you reassured with a subtle smile. the male raised his hand to caress your cheek softly. "you know that i'm ready to face death. things are changing with our new knowledge on titans.. it's only a matter of time-" he replied.

you sighed. he was completely correct. "i know. we don't know what the future holds.. and who the true enemy is." you said, quoting him in the last part. erwin sighed as well, pulling you into a tight hug.

"just— sit here with me now. okay?" you asked him. "just for a few more moments."

erwin nodded and smiled to himself, starring back into the sunset.

__________________

a/n :

this one shot was quite short!
next chapter will possibly be
another part to a certain chapter
i made. (being the final part.)
or possibly another character.
if you have any suggestions on
which character for me to write
on, comment!