𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐳𝐨𝐞 - 𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

a/n : hange canonically goes by any pronouns the watcher (reader in this case) wants, so i'll be using they/them pronouns. hange can also be spelled like: hanji, but i prefer hange because from what i know it's more common!

-

Being the crazy scientist's lover wasn't always the smoothest

Being the crazy scientist's lover wasn't always the smoothest. Constantly being asked to be apart of experiments, late night talks about titans, etc. Of course you absolutely adored their devotion to their interests, it was so cute watching them fantasize about the future of titans and science. You on the other hand had no interest in science or titans whatsoever, you only cared about titans when you needed to take the life of one. But you were still supportive of your significant others enjoyments.

The day of love has been slowly approaching day by day. In fact, it was tomorrow, in a couple of hours. Valentine's day wasn't widely celebrated by many scouts being that some romances come to a tragic end. But when you and Hange's relationship was strong, in fact it was stronger than Levi. The two of you were inseparable.

Knock, knock, knock. Was heard from your door, awakening you from your slumber.

"Who is it?" You asked. No response to be followed. Just the door to be opened. To your dismay, a glowing, excited Hange was there. "Hey love! Go get ready we have plans today!!" They exclaimed. Plans? You thought.

"Hmm.. okay. Better not be some titan experiment Hange!" You responded as you made your way to your closet, getting out your uniform. "Ah ah! No uniform. Erwin informed everyone that today was a free day. You missed it while your were snoozing away." They explained to you. "Mhm okay. I'll meet you in your office when i'm done." As that, they left whilst you prepared yourself for your day.

You got dressed in your desired clothing, and did your h/c hair in your favorite hairstyle. Snapping on your wrist watch, you made your way to Hange's office. "Sorry to keep you waiting, dear. So tell me. What's these big plans?" You asked eagerly to know what Hange had stored away for the day. "Well as you know it is February 14th! Ya know, the day of looove. And since you're someone I deeply love and care for, I decided, hey! let's do something special!" Hange spoke.

"Sounds great." You replied with a big smile as Hange placed a kiss onto your forehead. "Let's go shall we?" They smiled as well, taking your hand in theirs. "We shall." You replied dearly.

After walking into town, Hange was leading you to a peculiar place. It was a garden type area, with several water fountains, vines growing from pillars, and an eating area; you presumed. "This place is breathtaking." You complimented, looking to face your lover. "Not as breathtaking as you! C'mon let's go, there's more to what it seems." They said, making you internally blush from the comment.

Hange led you over to the section that looked like an eating area. But instead of plates it had- paint? They say you down beside them and grabbed two paint brushes and color pallets. "Alright so the objective is whoever can paint the prettiest heart, gets to decide what the rest of today's plans will be." Hange explained, with a mischievous smile. They knew you weren't the artistic type. "May the best one win." You shot back.

And with that, the two of you began painting to your hearts content. Mixing shades of pink's and red's, you had painted a cute little heart you would see on a love letter. It was a tad bit lopsided, and some colors were mixed wrong, but what were you to know about mixing paints? Hange obviously had the higher advantage here.

"Ta-Da!!" They exclaimed, holding up their painting to show you. The heart they had painted was very precise and detailed, including well mixed shades of pink and dark red. You lifted up and showed yours. The both of your knew who would be deciding today's whereabouts and what have ya's.

"I'm gonna hang it up in my office." They stated, taking your own drawing and putting it into their pocket. You nodded, "Good idea, Hange. I'll hang yours in my room."

After leaving the garden area, Hange began to lead you to a familiar area. The two of you were back at the scout's headquarters, on the left-wing. Just where Hange's experimental science lab just so happened to be located at as well.

"Hange," You spoke before entering the lab behind them. "What on earth do you have planned."

"Shhh!! You'll see in just a moment." They replied, taking out two jars from the cabinets.

After those few moments had passed, Hange had several things laid out onto the counter. Some glitter, the two jars from earlier, paper cut outs of hearts, a few glasses of colorful ink, and red ribbon.

"I have a cute project planned. So let me explain," They stated excitedly. "Basically, you'll write words that describe me onto the hearts and place them into the jar and fold the hearts so the words are hidden. We'll also be decorating the jars. Each day we will open an heart! It'll be so much fun love." Hange said.

"Phew lucky me, not a titan experiment! But yes, honey it sounds really cool, i'll agree with you on that one." You responded.

And with that, both of you began to work on each other's jars.

Over half an hour or so passing, the projects were being finished. With one tie to the ribbon, yours for Hange was completed. You looked up to them, with a confident smile. They had just finished theirs as well, drawing some final designs onto the jar.

"Alrighty, let's trade." You spoke, sliding the jar over to hange, them doing the same in return. Theirs was very detailed and ecstatic, funky designs with several hearts placed along the base of the jar.

"Now what's next, is to wait for tomorrow to open a heart. But until nightfall, it's gonna be me, you, and a nice dinner down town." Hange stated, entangling your fingers with theirs.

It was as if the lovely evening went by in a blur, night approaching quickly. Hange and you made your way back to the barracks. "I had a great day. Thank you so much, Hange." You thanked them, hugging them softly. They chuckled, "Of course, my love. Anything for you. Now get some rest, we'll have to see what our hearts say in the morning." They responded with genuine happiness.

You nodded in response. Before you two let go of the embrace, both of you exchanged your daily "I love you's" and kiss on the forehead.

Tucked away in your sheets, you wondered what the heart wild say in the morning.

You sighed, 'Only time will tell.' You thought to yourself, soon drifting away into a peaceful sleep.

The sunrise soon awakened you around 5:24 am, as it was yet another training day with the new cadets.

You soon jolted out of your bed and sprinted over to your desk where the given jar was placed at. Opening the lid, you closed your eyelids and rummaged around in the jar, until your hand grasped upon a paper heart and grabbed ahold to it.

Eyes now opened, you slowly opened the heart.

"my cupid experiment," it read in Hange's neat, yet messy handwriting.

Of course it was meant to have a deep meaning, cupid being commonly known was the symbol of love.

You smiled to yourself. 'What a goofball." Your inner thoughts stated. 'My crazy scientist.'

________________________________

a/n 2 : lmao, not me uploading this two days after valentine's day. i apologize for that 🥲 but i thought that this idea was really cute, and such a cute date idea made me instantly think of hange. i literally have no clue if i want to do a warrior character chapter next, or another chapter of any of the characters before this,, so if you have any ideas lmk 🤲

word count : 1354 <3