𝐣. 𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐢𝐧 - 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

[modern au, 19 y/o jean]

it was currently 8:07 in the morning, anyone could see the sun shining through your cream colored curtains from a mile away.

usually on mornings like these during the week you'd be frantically waking your boyfriend up, soon making your way to the college both of you attended several streets down.

some days you showed up on time— other days later. the both of you were three years into college. it was overwhelming, and no matter how many motivational speeches you received, it didn't balance things out.

with work, along with personal time, and college itself was frustrating and tiring. very tiring. weekends were usually spent at morning shifts at work, your boyfriends the same. so it's quite the obvious you and him never got much alone time together.

it was still a surprise how far the relationship has went. being high school sweethearts by getting introduced by your mutual friend eren, getting into the same university, moving in together. neither of you regretted it at all.

there has been many attempts for jean to make a plan for the weekend, but unfortunately failing. one of you got called into work, or had to study relentlessly.

it was adulthood, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. at least just a little.

—but this morning, today, was a change. a good change.

there was soon an oh so familiar yet uncommon smell to flood your senses- what was it.. pancakes?

quickly shooting up out of your bed, there was a figure in the kitchen, cooking.

"look i swear i haven't burned the house down- also, good morning." the male standing in front of the oven greeted you, flipping one of the pancakes onto a plate, a cheery smile placed on his lips.

you rolled your eyes sarcastically and laughed in response, walking behind him to engulf him in a hug from behind.

usually in mornings like these, there would be no time to cook or to embrace each other very long— jean kirstein and you.

"keep it up and i bet you will. and since when did you cook, hm?" you asked him, resting your head on his back.

you could feel the vibration as he chuckled in response, putting the remaining pancakes on the plate too. "thought we should do something nice today, y/n." he replied, keeping his bright smile.

jean shut off the oven, slyly turning around to embrace you from your front, resting his head onto yours. "go on to the table, lazy. you have a day planned for you." he continued, slightly pulling away to go to the said table, bringing along with him the food he just prepared.