Chapter 15: Love Affairs & Personal Vendettas Part 3

Sorry for just now updating. When I get the urge to write I normally work on my other story "Close Friends." I've been putting more time into that instead of my other stories since that's going to be my first book going straight to paperback. Once I get that finished I'm either going to add it on Amazon for my people who prefer to read ebooks or see if I can add it on as a paid story on Wattpad if not both. If yall would like to read the first 5 chapters I do have the preview available on here and would appreciate it if everyone would give me feedback. Ik I say this all the time but I'm going to start updating more to perfect my writing skills especially since I be up in the middle of the night for no reason (it's currently 1:30 AM here in St. Louis) so thank you to all my fans who are still sticking by me and supporting me.

Nevaeh's P. O. V.

Ronell picked me up from down the street and gave me a hug once I hopped in his truck. He was so fine with his smooth chocolate skin, low cut, fitted white teex camo jeans and his gold fangs that he had put in. He didn't look like the average police officer or a correctional officer. He looked like any other nigga that I would talk to on the street which made me a little wet. I like a nigga that could switch it up because I could too. He asked me if I was hungry and of course I was after whooping Wanda's ass earlier so I told him, "Yeah, I could eat." I wasn't turning down no free meal. "What you in the mood for?" He asked. I thought about it for a slight moment. "I could really go for some crab legs. I haven't had any in a minute." He nodded his head and licked his lips. "I know this great spot downtown called Crabtopia. Best seafood in L.A." he bragged. "I'll be the judge of that." I laughed. He chuckled as well and started the car back up.

"You look good." He complimented me as he looked me up and down but also trying to focus on the road. I flipped my hair. "Thank you," I started. "I would say I tried but it doesn't take much effort for me to look good. It's a gift and a curse." Ronell laughed. I could tell he was digging my confidence. "How old did you say you were again?" He asked me. "Seventeen. You?" "Twenty-nine. I'll be thirty in January though." Damn, that was almost a 13 year age difference between me and him but I didn't care. I was looking for fun. Not love.

Our conversation was interrupted when a call came through on his phone. He held up his finger to tell me to give him a minute before answering. "What's good?" He said as he focused on the road. I decided to check my lipgloss and reapply some where it was necessary. I saw him take a side look at me before responding to the person he was talking to on the phone. "Really now... interesting..." was all he said. A few seconds later he replied again saying, "I got you. It'll be taken care of ASAP." It wasn't too long before he hung up the phone. "Sounds like work." I said grabbing his attention. He looked at me and smiled as he bit his bottom lip. "You could say that." He replied. "What? Does the police station want you to pick up another shift?" I asked curiously. He shook his head. "Nah, shorty. This a different type of job." I've been around my sister and brother in law to know that that was all the information I needed. He indeed was a dirty cop and I couldn't wait to take that to my advantage.

About five minutes later we pulled up to Crabtopia and was sitting down looking at the menu. I had ordered me some crab legs with corn and a lemonade and he got a plate of shrimp alfredo with a frozen blueberry margarita. He of offered me some when the waitress arrived with our drinks and of course I took a few sips. It was so delicious. Before I knew it I was a little tipsy but I could still handle myself if needed to. At least I thought I could. I drank before but I normally drink dark and the glass was pretty big. Ronell and I both put a decent sized dent in it. I got a little hot so I excused myself to the bathroom.

I went to the bathroom and splashed my face with some water and felt a little better. I don't know. Maybe I was drinking too fast. I grabbed some paper towels, dried my face and reapplied my lipgloss. I checked my phone and saw that both Olivia and Jariah texted me. Olivia asked me how the date was going but Jariah... She was blowing me up. I don't see how I didn't know she was until now since my phone was in my pocket but I had at least ten missed calls and five texts from Jariah.