☆ Chapter 7 ☆

December 5, 1:56 pm

I sat around in the tub, wondering what I would do with life.

Ishouldprobablygetajobnow.... I dip my head in the cool water and stare up. Iwonder... WhydidIendupintheforestinthefirstplace... Staying in the water, reminded me of my childhood memories. Sadly, a part of my "childhood" was taken away from me, and to the zoo- OH! How about I try for a job at the zoo! I sat up and clapped my hands together.

"Alright! Let's go!" I said, cheering myself on.

I went to the library to research about some fish and animals that lived in the water. I really hoped to see a fish named "Haruka", that would have been something that would really catch my interest. Haru as well. His only dream was to become a Mermaid- Er, Merman?

I had about 3 days of researching aquatic animals. I knew I was ready to go for a job at the Zoo that held my crocodile. I also thought that if get a job, I might be able to buy some presents for Haru, Rin, Nagisa, Rei, Mako, Gou, and some of my friends from college.
IfIhostaChristmasparty, mightaswellbuygiftsforeveryone.

* * *

I GOT THE JOB

To my surprise, all they needed to know was some basic information. And I had that basic information. My boss, Mr. Chiha, said that I could start work December 12. Hopefully, I get the paycheck before Christmas.

I was finally reunited with my beloved croc. I was specifically signed up for the aquarium part of the Zoo. It was a popular tourist attraction, so they needed more staff. I got to feed, clean the tanks, play with the fish, and as a bonus, I got to be a pretend mermaid for the children. Apparently, I was the only one on the staff who was a girl and had a lot of experience with water. I didn't need the pipe thing that was used for air, since I could hold my breath for a large amount of time. Although, they kept it near me just in case. Also, my eyes have adjusted to certain types of water, so I didn't need goggles to see underwater.

I was like a real mermaid.

For a few days, I have attracted many, many visitors. Especially kids. I would hold a show with the dolphins and the whales. Even though I rarely smiled, the kids thought I was a "cool attitude princess mermaid" or so I heard.

Finally, my paycheck came. It was enough to buy everyone's gift. I was very glad.

* * *

I started planning the Christmas party during my breaks. Haru nor the rest of the gang didn't know about my job. I planned to keep it a secret from them. Haru became very suspicious when I came home late most days. I told him not to worry many times, as I began sending out the invites to everyone. It was at our place right on December 25, which was a few more days from now.

December 20, [at thezoo] 11:05 am

"Eh." I stood dumbstruck

"I'm sorry Akira, but since it's Christmas, everyone has booked partied here, and we needyou to be the star entertainment for the kids." Mr. Chiha states, apologetic.

I sighed and shook my head. "It's fine... I can do it." I looked down as my boss patted my head.

"Thanks Akira. I knew I could count on you. Now! Get ready! Its almost show time."