Christmas

Christmas

In a month it is Christmas.

I have to be cheery. I have to have Christmas spirit.

I'm trying. I just am not into it. I feel defeated. People just get to me so easily.

I am trying to get thicker skin, but it's hard. I am trying to be happier, which I should be. I don't have a reason to be sad or moody, but I am.

I'm trying to get a better mind set.

I'm listening to Christmas carols and getting Christmas presents for my family and friends. I'm even making stories and poems on Christmas.

So, it's not like I am not trying to get better. It's not like I am not trying to have a better mindset.

I am trying to get better. I am trying to have a better mindset. I am trying to get better and to have a better mindset with Christmas because, after all 'Christmas is the best time of the year'!

Even if it doesn't feel like it is.

Let people walk all over me

I let people walk all over me.

Why?

Why do I let them do that to me? What am I so afraid of?

I don't know.

I want to find my voice.

I don't want people to hurt me all the time.

I don't want to keep all this pent up anger and rage in.

I don't want that anymore.

I want to let it out. I need to let it out.

I let people walk all over me.

Why?

Because I care to much. I care what people think.

What if they are right when they are calling me ugly? Then, I think, 'well who are they to call me ugly?' Are they absolutely perfect in every way?

Nuh-uh

So, leave me the fuck alone and I'll do the very same for you, too! Thank you very much! I ain't hurting you, so don't you dare hurt me! Just because you think I am an easy target, doesn't mean that you have to attack me!

Just because you think I am an easy target, doesn't mean that I won't attack back!

If you don't attack, then neither will I and nobody has to get hurt.

Prick me like a needle and this time, I might just prick you back, but twice as sharp with tons of force, like a porcupine who is ready to attack its prey.