C4 P6 - Rest at Last

Jace was sitting on the train, waiting for it to leave the station they had arrived at. He once again found himself deep in his thoughts. He felt he had forgotten something incredibly important. No, it wasn't someTHING, it was someONE.

Jace tried to recall everything he could remember, that's when it hit him.

Jackie

He shot up and ran for the train's exit. Everyone looked at him with confusion.

Dan: "Woah Jace, where are you-"

Jace: "Jackie!"

Dan quickly caught on to what he was implying, and stood up.

Dan: "I'll go get him. C.Q. Cumber, can you please wait? We'll be quick."

C.Q. Cumber: "I'll give you 10 minutes, go."

Dan: "Thank you!"

Daisy: "Good luck Dan!"

Dan chased after Jace, he eventually managed to catch up.

Jace: "You came with me?"

Dan: "Of course I did. Now, where's Jackie?"

Jace: "This way!"

They ran through the corridor, with Jace seemingly knowing where to go.

They arrived in a room that was significantly different from the others, it was completely destroyed. Jace walked through it, unphased by the damage around him. Dan felt discomfort looking around this room, it didn't bring back nice memories that's for sure.

Jace approached Jackie's cryopod. Despite everything that happened in this room, the pod appeared to still be functional. He activated the manual override and the pod was forced open. There was a problem though.

Jace: "He's not here!"

Dan: "But if he isn't here, where is he?"

Jace: "Do you think Tartar may have got to him first?"

Dan: "It's possible. But I hope that isn't the case."

Jace: "Let's check the other cryopods, maybe we can find someone."

They checked the other pods. To their dismay, they found a lot of dead bodies. They checked through their clothing and found several keycards.

Dan: "We'll have to come back another time, we don't want to miss the train."

Jace: "Right, let's go."

They left the cryopod room, unsatisified with their findings.

[TIMER FINISHED] [EXECUTING PLAN_J] [ACTIVATING_BACKUP_LEADER]

[EXECUTING PLAN_WORLD_DOMINATION] [BEGINNING_PREPARE_PHASE]

The group arrived back at Pygmy Mansion. Dan laid Mizuta down on the sofa, thankfully she still had a pulse. Though she was still asleep.

Dan turned to Amelia, who seemed rather stressed about the whole situation. Olivia and Izzy also took note of this and hugged her. Dan smiled, this really did feel like one big family. He then turned back to Mizuta, who now had Marina seemingly analysing her.

Dan: "Marina, you know about sanitized Octolings right? Do you think she'll make it?"

Marina: "It's hard to say. The fact that she's part human as well just makes this a whole lot more complicated. The best I can do is to try and flush the Sanitized ink out of her system. So we're going to need some Octoling ink, I can do it and I'm sure Amelia could it as well. From there we can only pray that she makes it."