65 - Up, Up, And Away!

First thing in the morning, our four lovely subjects eat breakfast, of course. The highlight of the experience is when Eva makes them all specially ordered drinks from their coffee machine. Okay, you got me. It is not exactly morning anymore. More like late brunch, or early lunch, whatever. The point is the coffee is delicious!

So after they finish praising Eva's coffee machine button-pushing skills, while her father is watching them with a sad smile on his face (#skipping_work_to_hang_out_with_daughter), they all go back to the parking floor and get in the second family car. Yesterday Eva's dad made sure to move all the bags from the truck. What do you pack when going on a trip to another planet? I'd say the usual stuff. Since they already covered the packing part last time they were in town, they didn't really need anything more now.

The airport is not too far from the city. On the way there, Eva's dad calls his pilot and tells him to prepare the jet for the flight. When they get there, the jet isn't ready yet so they stay in the terminal. They make sure not to stick out more than they have to, even though I don't know what sticks out more than a hoodie on a sunny day (Eva). Eva's dad eventually calls them when the jet is ready. A team of airport workers shows out of nowhere to help them with the bags. Eva's dad considers sending them away but figures that him taking his daughter and her friends on a flight will be less suspicious than him covering it up.

"This is so cool!" Eva says when they finally see the jet.

"I thought that after being in a spaceship this wouldn't be as impressive," says her father.

"Are you kidding? I always wanted to fly in a private jet!" Ben immediately drops his bag so he can take a good shot of the aircraft.

"Are we really going to document everything from now on?" Eva is not happy with being part of the reality show 'space teens'.

"I thought you wanted proof," Ben says. "what's better than a full documentation of our journey to an unknown alien civilization?"

"He's right," Emily says. "We need this, for credibility."

"Fine, I could have worn something better than my Star Wars hoodie."

Ben turns to film Eva. "And here you can see our leading expert on intergalactic relationships, setting our aim from the very beginning with a clear declaration of her intentions. Tell us, Eva, why is star wars the message you chose to send the universe?"

"Shut up," Eva almost knocks the camera from his hands. She then steps up onto the jet and the others follow.

Eva's dad is in the midst of explaining the importance of secrecy to the pilot.

"As far as you're concerned, the only person you can talk to about this flight is me. You know what? As far as you're concerned today never happened. Once we land back here, this is all erased from your mind. Your wife can't know about this, even your cat can't know about this. One word and I can make sure you never see a jet again in your career. Are we clear?"

The pilot nods indifferently and starts preparing for takeoff. Eva's dad joins the four at the back. The whole thing shakes and slowly the jet starts to lift off the ground.

"Wicked," Ben whispers as he films the slowly distancing ground. Good thing he has some spare memory cards or else they would run out of space before they even get to space. That wasn't that funny, I know.

The flight takes about five hours during which Eva's dad questions all of them about their superpowers. He seems disappointed that his name sounds the same in the alien language.

They fly over Honolulu and finally approach the spoken island, Midway. On the way down the pilot has to watch out for the unbelievable amount of birds that surround them. The albatross seems to think that the jet is some lost child of theirs because they surround it in a protecting manner. Still, they manage to land with minimal damage (mental damage, mostly).