Chapter Thirty Three: Heartbreak

Hey, Bubbles Please Check out my new short story "Baby Boy" out. 

Music Video: Whitney Houston- Heartbreak Hotel.  R.I.P Miss Houston

Blaine's POV

Heartbreak is a funny thing. We all know it's going to happen, yet we are never prepared for it. We underestimate its power. It's like giving a murder a gun and expecting not to be killed. Why are we never ready for it? Is it because we are in denial? We believe it won't happen. We believe the murderer will not kill us. We believe if we give them our hearts, they will not crush them. Hearts shouldn't be crushed. They should be cherished and protected. I wish someone would have told me this earlier, but in the end, we all must go through this experience on our own.

I was awakened by Reca who was happily bouncing on the bed like she was on crack. How can people be so hyper in the morning? My whole body felt like I had an uneven boxing match with Mike Tyson the night before. That's how tired I felt. My body was hurting and needed rest.

"Breakfast is ready!" She said. Her bubbly personality was about to make me gag!

"I'm not hungry" I replied by pulling the cover over my head. She calmed herself down and laid down on the bed beside me.

"I don't want to intrude, but...."

"Then don't intrude!" I cut her off to her annoyance.

"hmmm.... So, we're bitchy today huh? .... peachy!" She clicked her tongue. "Like I was saying where is Jermaine?" Reca wouldn't let it go.

"I don't know. Have you tried calling him to ask?" I was still hiding under the covers.

"Oh, baby that bad huh?.......come here" She pulled me to her and hugged me tightly. It was then that the stupid dam broke and I couldn't maintain my cool anymore. I cried like a damn baby. I was only able to pull myself together when my cousin Ian joined us on the bed.

"If you want me to fuck him up just say it!" Ian was serious about that and if any of my friends and family could take up with nick it was Ian and my brother Charlie.

"No, I'm fine" I assured them. We got out of bed, showered, and had breakfast. W packed all my gifts in a car and sent them to my penthouse before leaving the mansion.

****

Ian told me that a family dinner for my birthday has been planned at my Grandparents so we both decided to go there and wait for the others. I guess everybody was going all out for me because it was my 18th birthday. I wasn't complaining though. I loved the attention and the love they were showing me.

After greeting our overly enthusiastic grandparents Ian disappeared to the backyard with my Grandpa. They always loved to sit outside, and God knows what they were doing or talking about. I stayed with my grandma in the living room to drink coffee and have a chat. Somehow the conversation turned to my relationship with Nick. I was getting increasingly annoyed by everyone asking me about Nick. It wasn't like the world revolved around him as the only

occupant on earth. The crazy part was, I wasn't ready to give anyone the full story of what has happened between us. I didn't understand it myself.

"You know he is welcomed here if you want to bring him along." My grandma said. Relief washed over me even though I knew my grandparents wouldn't have a problem with Nick.

"I know. Thank you" I kept stirring my coffee with the spoon.

The doorbell brought us out of our deep conversation about relationships. In my mind I thought it might be my parents, so I made no attempt to get the door. One of the maids went to the door and later came to tell me it was for me. My heart skipped a beat as I went to the main entrance. I mean it was Sunday so I guess it might be my ex Sebastian showing up without invitation as usual.