Chapter Thirty Four: A Mess

Hey, my Bubbles sorry for the delay. Have a fabulous weekend.

Music above: Ja Rule ft. Christina Milan- Between me & You

Nick's POV

I fucked up big. As easy as that. There was nothing I could say to excuse my behaviour. Yes, Jordy called because she has heard something, she wanted to discuss with me. She kept telling me that it was pretty bad news, yet she wouldn't give me the information on the phone. Somehow, I knew what this was about, and it made me angry. Not many people knew about Blaine and me. Therefore, who was out there gossiping about us?

I made the decision to meet her and talk about it then get back to celebrate Blaine's birthday. Need I say I made the stupid decision not to tell Blaine where I was going? It wasn't much so that I was afraid of him, but rather out of respect. How do you tell your current partner that you are meeting with your ex, the first person you ever loved alone? And on their birthday? They wouldn't understand. It would have caused unnecessary drama that I tried to avoid.

To my bewilderment, Blain already knew about my past with Jordy. To say I was shocked to hear him mention Jordy's name would be the understatement of the decade. Again, who the hell has been out here not minding their business? I was so damn furious that I could have punched a hole in a wall. This was something I was supposed to sit down and talk to Blaine about and somebody robbed me of that. I couldn't tell what information has already been related to him, what was false and what was plainly added for dramatic effects. Blaine on the other hand acted like he didn't care, but I could tell deep down he was boiling with rage.

**********

I left the penthouse telling myself I will deal with him later though my heart already let me know that I was on the path of fucking up big time. Guess what I did? Exactly. I ignored my heart like a fool. For some reason, I didn't take the whole situation seriously. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I smiled when I saw who was calling.

"What do you want?"  I couldn't contain my laughter.

"That's rude! Can't I call my brother and see how the fucker is doing?"

"Negro please! What do you want? It's always something." My brother couldn't fool me even if he tried. It was Saturday morning after all, way too early for him to be awake.

"Well, if you insist. Fine. A little birdie told me today is the Ice Prince's Birthday." I wondered if Blaine knew that people called him the Ice Prince behind his back.

"Yeah, I was just with him."

"It's your birthday and you know I want to ride out...birthday sex, birthday sex..." My brother sang and I had to laugh at his childish behaviour.

"Please stop it! You're traumatizing me" My brother is crazy in case you didn't know.

"So apart from really good sex!........ Oh heavens, I hope it was good. Please tell me you didn't embarrass the Preston family name!"

"Oh, fuck you! It's none of your damn business." I had to stop him before he went any further.

"You know what? I'll ask Blaine myself when I see him tonight."

"You're coming home?" My heart skipped a beat. I have missed my brother and our inside jokes. I've missed us just causing trouble in the city. "Don't fuck with me, bro."

"I'm not. It's Blaine's birthday and I heard they're planning a surprise birthday party for him, so I want to be there. What do you get a guy who has everything?"

"My dilemma exactly! It's hard to do." I was still hoping Blaine would like what I bought for him.

"Can you pick me up? Or I can get an Uber if you're getting busy." I knew exactly what he was implying. Idiot!