Chapter One: The Meeting

Hey Paddies, this a new Story I can't seem to get out of my mind so I have decided to write it down so please I hope you come on this journey with me. It will be fun ;)

Picture above is my idea of Nicholas (Singer: Trey Songz)

Nicholas Jermaine Preston POV

I have thought about this for a very long time before deciding to share this part of my life with you. I was in my final year of high school when I first met him. I wish I could say it was love at first sight, but it wasn't. It wasn't an instant hatred either. None of these applied when I first met Blaine Niles Buckley. I knew from the first time I met him that he was well off. He came from old money from the preppy cloths he was wearing and the way he presented himself. He was very well spoken and the way he carried himself I could only call it elegant. Even the way he pointed and gestured had something old school about it and would let you know that he came from an aristocratic family.

I was from a middle class black family. My parents worked hard to earn a living for themselves and we were comfortable. My older brother and I were always well taking care of. I loved sports and basketball was my life, but it wasn't something I wanted to pursue after school. Although I was a jock like most people would instantly categorize me, I wasn't no way dumb. I loved to read and all my friends were aware of my unusual hobby.

I had my first game for the school year and it went really well. We won and I guess playing at home and having our people cheer for us helped too. Richmond High school was a well diverse school as well as the team. My team always went ballistic in the locker room after a good game and today was no different. My team mates decided to celebrate at a local pizza joint where we always celebrated after a game and as their captain I couldn't say no. I showered and dressed casual for the celebration. I called my parents and let them know that I would be home later due to the celebration which was no problem on their side.

With my best friends Shawn and Dwayne beside me, we went outside to the school parking lot. I have known these guys ever since I was two years old and we were inseparable. I guess the only time we weren't alone was when we were sleeping in our own homes at night. Out of nowhere Rebecca jumped on Shawn who caught him of guard, but he still managed to catch her. Rebecca was a pretty white girl with long blond hair and vibrant green eyes and was from a rich family. She didn't attend our high school. She met Shawn at one of our few games in their super rich kids' school, Saint Edmund Academy.

"Hey baby so you came" Shawn stated the obvious like the fool he was.

"I couldn't miss your game and you were amazing" She complimented him.

I turned my head around and that was when I saw him. He was standing there watching the whole scenario before him. He was tall, but not as tall as me, pale skin in contrast to my dark one, thin, and toned. The way he was looking at us in his expensive preppy clothes let me know he was snobbish. See there was something about Blaine that was vaguely cold at times. He had a way of flicking his eyes up and down over people who he wasn't interested in knowing. As if you weren't even worth his precious time. It wasn't necessarily intended to be mean as I came to understand over the years.

Rebecca followed my eyes and saw where I was looking. She frantically gestured for Blaine to come over to our little group and he complied.

"Hey guys, this is my best friend Blaine." He walked closer to our small group and said hello. Rebecca gestured to us with our names as she introduced us to her friend.

After chatting for a while, Rebecca told me I had to drive with Blaine because she wanted to be alone with Shawn which was understandable. Dwayne was also taking his girlfriend Shelly so I had to ride with Preppy boy. I didn't mind though I thought if he got snobbish during the ride I would just leave him in the middle of nowhere. Didn't he have a fancy car? I wondered.