Chapter Twenty Seven: Shock

Hey Paddies I'm really sorry about the long wait ,but life prevented me from having the time and peace to write. Please forgive me!

Blaine's POV

When I was a child, my piano teacher used to let me practice on the piano with a stick on the back of my hands, just along the knuckles while I played, ensuring proper posture. My job was to play and make sure the stick never fell to the floor. Can you even imagine how hard that was for a child? I remember hearing my classmates talk about all the fun they hard with their parents in the park, on the playground and all I could come up with was "I had to practice on the piano for hours". I'm sure that was one of the reasons why my classmates thought and still think that I'm stuck up and don't know how to have fun. I sure know how to have fun, but the problem is, I was never allowed to be a child.

I mean with time I learned to love playing the piano and with all the hard training I received, made me one of the best. I had a good memory and I was passionate about every performance yet here I was, stressing about performing tomorrow for my school. It felt like the first time I performed with the prestigious and one of the best orchestras in the world, the Berlin Philharmonic. I was only 12 years old when I received the invitation to perform with them and I remember not being able to sleep for days. I must admit it's one of my greatest achievements in my young life and here I was stressing about a fucking school performance before pretentious people who had no damn idea about classical music.

Come to think about it that wasn't my first time performing at my school so why was I losing it? Probably, because my new boyfriend was going to be there, watching me perform for the first time. What if he doesn't think I'm good enough? ......'Calm down! Calm down Blaine!'

I kept tossing and turning as sleep eluded me. I wish I could call Nick now, but it was 3.am in the morning and waking him up was out of the question. I lay in bed thinking back to my childhood and all that I had to sacrifice to get here. Thinking about it made me realize that Nick has been one of the real people in my life. He was always honest to me without stopping to encourage me. I was in deep thoughts when my phone rang loudly. My stomach fluttered after hearing the ringtone "Lost without you" by Robin Thicke play and so recognizing who it was. I always had to think back to what we did in the backseat of Nick's car. The memory from that evening always made me feel hot and excited.

"Hey, Mr. Preston! To what do I own this honor in such an ungodly hour?" I said excitedly after picking up.

"Hey Mr. Buckly-Preston! Or should I say future Mr. Preston?....Wait would you actually drop your famous and prestigious family name for me?" Nick's deep voice said on the other end and I was stunned into silence. What was he trying to say? People don't plan to be with me for that long and he was talking about the future.

"Don't tell me you fell asleep on me baby boy?" Nick said.

"I'm still here" My voice came out small.

"Well, then answer my question, B. Would you keep your surname, have a joint name of both our surnames probably with a hyphen in between or just keep your name when we get married?" He insisted. I thought about it, but he wanting to marry me in the future although we just got together was overwhelming. Was he joking?

"Why does it matter?" I questioned and he kept silence for a while. I was beginning to think he wasn't on the line anymore till he spoke again.