Chapter 4

Later that afternoon, Brendan and I spontaneously decided to watch one of my favorite musical movies, The Greatest Showman. While the movie may not be entirely historically accurate, it is still a great movie. I love the chemistry between the two Disney stars; Zendaya and Zac Efron. They are my favorite characters in the movie, even though in real life, they didn't exist. I kept telling Brendan that because it's Disney, they had to add a love story. He completely agrees.

While watching the movie, I also discovered that Brendan can sing.
"Woah, you can sing too?" I asked.
"There's lots of things you don't know about me, sweet pea." Brendan said with a cheeky wink.
"Oh my gosh. You wanna watch Bohemian Rhapsody after this?" I asked.
"Oh sure. We can take today to chill if you really wanna." Brendan said.
"Yeah, I'm chill with it if you are." I said.
"Sure." Brendan said.
We finished watching The Greatest Showman and move on to our next musical movie: Bohemian Rhapsody. Since my parents grew up in the 70's, this movie really spoke to them. It told the story of the forming of Queen and Freddie Mercury's struggles with some controversial things that I won't discuss here.

While watching the movie, we talked about how much of a legend Freddie Mercury was and all that. Brendan and I really bonded over our love for music. We may have contrasting tastes in music, but it didn't stop us from becoming close friends. When we finished watching the movie, around the evening time, Brendan asked me if I wanted to go out on the town, go around some pubs and whatnot. I told him that I personally don't drink, and he jokingly said,
"Well, that means, more for me then."
"Go ahead. I don't wanna be dragging you back to your apartment afterwards, so don't get black out drunk." I said.
"I can't promise anything." Brendan said.
"Alright, alright. Let's just go." I said.
"Prepare to have the night of your life." Brendan said.

We head into the city center and begin going on our pub tour. These little pubs in Dublin are a bit dirty, not usually my type of scene. Since Brendan is dragging me along, I just agreed because a single night's memory is a night worth remembering. We hit our first pub, walking in and the music is bumping. I really don't wanna lose Brendan in the crowd, so I gripped his hand and mind and he drags me through the crowd. We reach the bar and Brendan orders us a couple drinks. He ordered me a water because he wants to respect me for not drinking. He downs an entire pint of alcohol, and I can just see where this is going. To be honest, I'm a little afraid of what might happen next.

Then, in the blink of an eye, I lost Brendan. I look around, my eyes getting blurry. I can't find him. I push my way through the crowd of drunken and dancing people. I find the exit and it's pitch black outside. I quickly and shakily texted Brendan, hoping that he can meet me out here.
Me: Brendan!! Where are you? I lost you in there. Meet me outside asap
Brendan: You'll be just fine dear~
Me: Quit flirting. This is serious. I don't wanna be stranded in the middle of Dublin at night
Brendan: Who said I wuz flirting? I'm just being me, gurl
Me: Brendan🙄
Brendan: Ow, alrighty fine. I'll be out in a sec
Me: You better be😑

I lean against the building, waiting for Brendan to come out of the pub. It's only our first pub and I already hated the experience. It just proves that I am more of a relax at home, inside than go out to parties and drinking. I hailed a taxi for a drunk Brendan and my sober self. We arrive back to Brendan's apartment and I have to drag him to his room so he can rest. I put him on his stomach in case he throws up, he wouldn't drown himself. As he's my new friend, all I want is to take care of him. I want to make sure he'll be okay.

That next morning, Brendan woke up with the worst hangover of his life.
"Hey, you doing okay this morning?" I asked.
"Ugh, I've got the worst headache." Brendan groaned.
"Let me brew up some tea for you. Would you like that hot or cold, add milk or?" I asked.
"Please add milk and keep it hot." Brendan said.
"Okie dokie." I said.
I went into the kitchen to brew up some Earl Grey tea. I learned from my British friends that I must add milk to make the superior tea. Once I finish making the tea, I carry it back into Brendan's room where he is sitting up in his bed now.
"Aww, you're such a sweetheart. Thank you." Brendan said with a bright smile.
"It's the least I can do after last night." I said.
"Yeah, I'm sorry for anything I said or did wrong by you." Brendan said.
"No, no. It's fine." I said, "Hey, I'm heading into Belfast Friday, wanna tag along? I'll be going to London the following week."
"You just can't stop moving, now can you? I'm sorry, but I can't. Please keep in contact with me though." Brendan said.
"Of course." I said.
"You're awesome. You're not like any girl I've met here in Ireland." Brendan said.
"That says a not, noting that your country isn't any bigger than my home state." I said.
"Right. Well, I wish you all the best on your travels, all right." Brendan said.
"Yeah, thanks. It's been nice hanging with you." I said.
"No thank you. I'll see you soon." Brendan said.
"Okay, I'll be going now." I said, giving one last hug to Brendan before I left.