Chapter 10

The next city I went to on tour with NCT is Madrid, Spain. Originally, I meant to go to Monaco and after Spain, I was supposed to visit little Andorra, then Portugal, but by the looks of the tour schedule, I'm skipping Monaco and Andorra. That's okay with me actually. Upon arriving in Madrid, it was actually so pretty. I'm blown away by the beauty of this city. About two years ago, I actually found out I was 2.2% Spanish. It's like I'm going on this spiritual journey, discovering little parts of my heritage. It's pretty fun.

I arrive at the hotel where NCT is also staying. I walk out onto the balcony of my hotel room and yell out,
"Hola, España!"
Someone actually replied too, "Hola!!"
"I'm American, it's my first time here." I said.
"Huh? I can't hear you from down here." He said.
"Okay, wait!" I exclaimed.
The guy, around my age, stands there and waits for me to come down from my hotel room. I take the elevator down and meet with the random guy who responded to my random Spanish. I find out that his name is Diego Alfonso. Upon first meeting, he kisses both my cheeks, which really caught me off guard. I forgot that's how the Spanish greet each other when they first meet.

Diego and I get to know each other. We even exchanged Instagram accounts so that we can keep in contact in the future. Diego kinda reminds me of Noah Centineo. He has that cute wavy/curly brown hair and handsome smile. He's also just as tall as Noah. Anyways, I have my eyes on Jaemin, so I'm hoping Diego can find someone worth it. I'm not interested, I'm just appreciating a handsome man when I see him. I asked Diego, since NCT will be super busy today, where I should go in Madrid while NCT is doing their interviews and things. Diego gave me some great ideas, and I made a mental note of all of them.

After chatting with Diego, I went on my way, exploring Madrid on my own. Who knows, I may run into one of the 23 members of NCT along the way. The first place I went to is El Retiro Park. This place has a nice pond and fountains. It is a very picturesque location. I thank the taxi driver for dropping me off here and begin wandering around the park. As I walk around, I take multiple nature shots. Then, I spot some members I recognize; Mark, Johnny, Yuta, and Taeyong. Ahh, these four are always seemingly traveling around together. I think it's really cute that they established their own little tour group whenever they go somewhere new.

I go up to Mark, Johnny, Yuta, and Taeyong.
"Oh, hey guys. What are you doing here?" I asked.
"We came here because we heard it's a nice place." Johnny said.
"It really is." I said.
"Hey, so you met Jaehyun first huh?" Mark asked.
"Yep." I said.
"Then, you went on a 소개팅 with Jaemin?" Mark asked.
"Mhm." I said.
"How is that going?" Mark asked.
"It's going well. I haven't seen him today yet, but I may run into him. Who knows." I said.
"I think you're the right person for Jaemin." Taeyong said.
"You really think so?" I asked.
Taeyong nods and smiles happily, "Yes. Just perfect."
"Well, thanks." I said.
"You're welcome." Taeyong said.
"I'm actually pretty excited for you guys." Mark said.
"If only we didn't have to be long distance afterwards." I said, looking down.
"I'm sure ya'll can work it out." Johnny said.
"Yeah, don't be down." Mark said.
"Okay. I believe you guys." I said.
"Your relationship will work. I trust Jaehyun when he chose one guy for you. Out of all of us, he chose Jaemin. That says something doesn't it?" Mark asked.
"I guess so." I said.

While talking with Mark, Johnny, Yuta, and Taeyong, somebody just sneaks up behind me, scaring the living crap out of me. It was Jaemin. He had put his finger to his lips, telling his hyungs not to give away that it was him. Jaemin hugged me from behind like he always does. I think it's his favorite thing.
"God, speak of the devil." I said, turning to Jaemin.
"I heard from over there. You were talking about me." Jaemin said.
"I knew I'd run into you at some point." I said.
"It's nice seeing you in Spain." Jaemin said.
"Yeah, it's pretty here too." I said.
"You're prettier." Jaemin said.
Mark and Johnny visually cringe, but still think that was cute.
"かわいいですね." Yuta commented(That's cute)
"ありがとう." I said(Thanks)
"Oh? You know Japanese too?" Yuta asked, shocked.
"I know a little bit of everything." I said.
"Ah~ okay." Yuta said.

I hung out with these guys for a long while before they had to leave to continue their activities in Madrid. Before leaving, Jaemin kissed me on the cheek, checking to see if anyone was watching. He has to make sure no one sees us showing public displays of affection or he would risk a dating scandal. The other members watched to make sure no one was looking. Plus, in Spain, it's normal for complete strangers to kiss each other's cheek, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if someone did see. It might be different for Koreans though. They are more shy with PDA is what I noticed. I think that's cute, but like everyone, there are Koreans are more brave. I just don't want to put all Koreans in a box of liking versus not liking PDA. There are different types of Koreans, just like any other race. Jaemin is more on the outgoing side, but shy with romance.