Chapter 6

After one incredible week in Belfast, I was off to my next city: Edinburgh, Scotland. I have a lot of stereotypical ideas about Scotland that I know are not completely true. There is only one way to find out and that's to go to Scotland. I land in Edinburgh after a short flight from Belfast. I look out at the airport window and admire the new scenery around me. It's the summer time, meaning it's the perfect weather to travel Europe. I hail a taxi from the airport to my hostel. I had to make a choice between staying in a hotel for a week or a hostel, and I've found when vacationing in Europe, it's much cheaper to stay in a hostel. I'm glad I found this out earlier rather than later in my trip.

I arrive at my hostel. I find my room and meet with my roommates. The first one I meet is a girl named MacKenzie. She told me she is visiting from Dundee, which is a bit north of here. We had a good chat. I found out she's also a fan of K-pop. We exchanged photos of our biases and talked about our top favorite groups. She agrees with me about liking boy groups more than girl groups.
"Who is your ultimate group?" I asked.
"Oh, damn. That's a hard choice. At the moment, maybe ATEEZ." MacKenzie said.
"Ooh, they're great. My ult is BTS, but I also love ATEEZ. Who is your bias in ATEEZ?" I asked.
"Hmm. . . Seonghwa." MacKenzie said.
"Oh my gosh, he's great. Mine is San." I said.
"What about NCT?" MacKenzie asked.
"I have too many biases in NCT. My bias in 127 is Mark. My bias in WayV is Lucas. My biases in NCT DREAM are Renjun, Jaemin, and Mark. My biases in each NCT U unit is probably, if Sungchan and Shotaro are in it right now, then them." I said.
"Oh wow. So, like 6 members. My biases in NCT are; Johnny, Yuta, Chenle, Kun, and Shotaro." MacKenzie said.
"So, you like the foreign members just as much as me." I said.
"Pretty much, yeah." MacKenzie said.
"That's amazing." I said.

After chatting with MacKenzie for a long time, we became good friends. We gave each other our Instagram so we can keep in contact after I go home. MacKenzie is really nice, and really pretty too. I'm so glad I got to meet her. Next up on my Edinburgh list of things to do is, I definitely got to go see a castle. On my way to my hostel, I saw so many sheep, and I wanted to pet all of them. That's how fluffy and cute they were.

The castle I chose to go see is Craigmillar Castle. I took a taxi to the castle. Once arriving, I follow my tour group as we have a tour of Craigmillar Castle. Having to listen to all these different accents around Europe really makes me realize how many different countries are in this continent, and how diverse this area of the world is. I've loved traveling since I was little, and I'm so glad to have this opportunity to travel to all 44 countries of Europe. It's like I'm connecting to a part of my heritage that I was never able to before. I have European heritage in my DNA, but I never took time to explore it until I came here. I also took German for 3 years in high school, but that failed by the 3rd year, which is disappointing.

It's all okay because what matters is that I made it here. My failure to learn German was completely on my part. I'm pretty sure I can start learning it again, but I'm quite busy with learning Korean, so maybe another time. Anyways, I finished my tour of the Craigmillar Castle with my tour group. I took a group photo with my tour group and the tour guide. I gave a handshake to the tour guide, thanking him for showing us around this incredible, historical sight. I truly enjoyed going around this castle, learning a bunch of cool history.

I returned to my hostel to have dinner. I asked MacKenzie what I should have that is a good Scottish food. She offered to take me out to the best restaurant she knows that's in Edinburgh. We went to this traditional Scottish restaurant called New Chapter. MacKenzie explained to me that this is a traditional Scottish restaurant that serves some of the best foods to come out of the country. I trust MacKenzie's judgment.
"Do you fancy some Neeps and Tatties?" MacKenzie asked.
"Could you run that by me again?" I asked.
"Sorry, I forgot you don't know our slangs. Neeps are turnips and Tatties are potatoes." MacKenzie explained.
"Wow, very healthy." I said.
"Yeah, of course." MacKenzie said.
"I'll take that." I said.
"Right. Okay, waiter! I think we're ready to order now." MacKenzie said.
"Ya, ma'am. What would you like?" The waiter asked.
"One order of ya steak dinners and one order of duck breast, please." MacKenzie said.
"I thought we were going for that Neeps and Tatties thing." I said.
"I didn't see it here. We can find another place that may serve it next time." MacKenzie said.
"Okay. It's fine." I said.

While waiting for our food, we spoke more about our favorite K-pop groups. I told her I also love, love, love Monsta X. Her eyes brightened as soon as their name left my lips.
Bruh, I love them too." MacKenzie said.
"Who's your bias?" I asked.
"Hmm, that's hard. Maybe Minhyuk." MacKenzie said.
"Aww, he was my first bias. Then, I went to Kihyun because vocal king, now my bias is multi-talented I.M." I said.
"Ooh, he's so hot, init he?" MacKenzie asked.
"I mean, obviously." I said.
"Makne on top." MacKenzie said.
"Always." I said.
"Oh, looks like our food is here." MacKenzie said.
"I want you, eat me like a main dish." I said, quoting Love Killa by Monsta X.
"뜨거워 데일듯해 hottish." MacKenzie sang along, continuing the lyrics.
"We could go on, but I wanna eat first." I said.
"Go on." MacKenzie said.

I go straight in on my steak dinner. The mash potatoes on the side are my favorite. It has some delicious gravy poured on top of it that just adds that extra flavor. We finish eating then return to our hostel for the rest of the night. While chatting in our room, we kept talking about all sorts of different K-pop groups. We had our fun, chatting about the thing we love the most.