Chapter 14

After talking with my parents and introducing Jaemin to them and my older brother as well, my parents weren't too fond of my dating a celebrity. Jaemin may be a rapper/singer/performer, but he is different from how Americans see these types of people. Jaemin is actually nice and respectful, unlike some American celebrities. I guess Jaemin will have to prove himself somehow to my parents. He will have to prove that he's actually a good guy despite his celebrity status.

I lead Jaemin down to my room where my K-pop fan girl is clearly showing all over my walls. There are posters of various groups hanging up up my wall. I have a K-pop album shelf that holds my prized and large collection of albums. Jaemin's eyes widen, seeing my room for the first time. It is the first time he's been in a fan girl's room I guess. He stares at all the posters. He spots my NCT posters and points himself out. Ah, typical of Jaemin.
"There's Na Na." Jaemin joked.
"Yes." I said, laughing.
"Can I see your photo card collection?" Jaemin asked.
"Of course." I said, picking up my large photo card binder. I hand it to Jaemin and he's shocked at how hefty and heavy it is.

We sit on my bed together and flip through my photo card binder. We have to be a little careful because the top binder ring is overlapping, making it hard to turn the pages at some point. Jaemin sees my NCT collection and points out my couple Jaemin photo cards.
"It's me." Jaemin said, taking out his photo card from RESONANCE Pt. 1.
"Yep, I love that one." I said.
Jaemin starts reading his message on the back, "우리 시즈니들ㄴ 새로운 NCT의 앨범 RESONANCE가 나왔습니다! 열심히 관비했으니까 많이 사랑해주세요~~ 화이팅!!"
"What does it mean?" I asked.
"It means; NCTzens, our new album RESONANCE is out! I've worked hard so please show me a lot of love ~~ Fighting!" Jaemin said.
"Aww, cute." I said.
"Yes, I love my NCTzens." Jaemin said, putting an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him, then kissing my neck.
"I love you too, Jaemin-ah." I said.
"You're the best." Jaemin said.
"You're my everything~" I sang, singing lyrics from My Everything.
"그대의 낮과 밤을. 지켜 주고 싶어 나. 내게 기적이란 너야." Jaemin sang, finishing the lyrics(I want to protect your days and nights. You are a miracle to me, I wish you could see it).
"The lyrics to this song are truly such sweet lyrics. I'm in love with that song and I want it played at my future wedding." I said.
"I wanna make that happen for you." Jaemin said.
"I'm sure you can talk to Taeil, Renjun, and Xiaojun about making it happen one of these days." I said.
"No, I know I will marry you." Jaemin said.
This caught me off guard, "You know already?"
"Yes. You are the love of my life. My first real love. My 첫사랑." Jaemin said(첫사랑 = first love)
"Aww, 나도." I said(Aww, me too)
"We will marry after you meet my parents and we both agree on a date." Jaemin said.
"Oh my gosh. This is all coming out of nowhere." I said.
"I know, but I really don't wanna let you go. I don't wanna be long distance anymore." Jaemin said.
"Okay, okay. I get it." I said.

Later that evening, my dad calls me upstairs so we can talk.
"What's up?" I asked.
"Are you sure that Jaemin kid is serious about you?" Dad asked.
"Yes." I said.
"Are you sure he's not just using you?" Dad asked.
"What makes you think that?" I asked.
"Well, I know of other celebrity-non celebrity couples who don't work out because the celebrity cheats or something." Dad said.
"I already told you, Jaemin is different." I said.
"Sure, he'll have to prove himself before he gets our blessing to marry you." Dad said.
"You married an Asian as well, isn't this like a rite of passage for me?" I asked.
"I married your mother because we fell in love at love at first love. We were already old and we didn't want to waste any more time having kids." Dad said.
"I had my first date with Jaemin in Paris, France. We fell in love at first sight too." I said.
"Okay, I guess there's no arguing with you then. Do what you want, you're already 18 anyway." Dad said.
"Exactly." I said, storming off, going back down to my room. I pick up a pillow and scream into it.
"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked.
"My parents don't approve of you." I said.
"I will prove I am an eligible bachelor." Jaemin said.
"Sorry, I'm just thinking of the most hilarious variety show idea." I said.
"What is it?" Jaemin asked.
"The Bachelor - NCT Edition." I said.
"That's genius. I'll talk to my managers about that idea." Jaemin said.
"Yes." I said.

It took weeks before my parents finally accepted Jaemin as my boyfriend. He's proven himself over and over again, and they finally recognize him as the boyfriend who will take care of me and love me for life. He is my first real boyfriend, and I'm so happy to have him in my life. We are just waiting for the right time to fly me to Seoul so I can go meet Jaemin's parents and go meet the guys again. I really miss those guys, and I'd love to go see them again. It's all down to Jaemin's schedule. We just need the time and then we'll take a trip to Seoul together. All of this will lead up to one of the biggest events of my entire life: Marrying Na Jaemin of NCT DREAM. Oh, what a day that will be when it finally happens. . .