Chapter 5

The following Friday, I flew from Dublin into Belfast in Northern Ireland. This city is known as that city that held the Titanic before it met its unfortunate end. That is one thing I really want to see: The Titanic Museum. Since I am really into history, I feel like it would be interesting to go see that first. I arrived at my hotel and dropped most of my personal belongings off, then headed out again. The museum for the Titanic in Belfast is called Titanic Belfast. I walked in and paid for a little tour around the museum. My tour guide showed my tour group around the entirety of the museum. I really had to focus in order to understand his accent. I may watch a lot of videos from Irish YouTubers, but it doesn't mean I understand completely what they're saying 100% the time. I'm glad he spoke a little slower than he usually does so that newcomers and tourists can understand what is happening.

After visiting Titanic Belfast, I went to a local restaurant to have breakfast. I heard Irish breakfast is one of the best breakfasts in the world. Since this is Northern Ireland, I'm not sure whether to the people here Irish or British. That is the one part of history that is hard for me to understand. I did some research after having breakfast and turns out, the people would prefer to be called British. Due to their complicated history, others don't mind if I were to call them Northern Irish. It's case by case and truly depends on the person. I'm glad I educated myself on this, or I would truly be wandering all over Belfast, wondering if it would be wrong to call them Irish or British. I even asked Brendan which one he thinks it right and he said to call them British as well. Well, I guess I know now.

Other than visiting the Titanic Belfast, I really don't know where else I should go, similar to my situation in Dublin. I do some Googling again, finding some fun things to do. After doing some Google searches, I eventually found some things that interested me. Belfast is so full of history, but it is also a bustling capital of Northern Ireland, so it hard to ever be bored. One thing that I wanted to do is to take Instagram pictures throughout this colorful city. I like documenting my travels through photos and my travel journal entries. In order to get around the city to take these photos, I take the bus system called Translink. I sit in the back of the bus because I usually prefer riding in the back instead of the front of the bus. I arrive to my first picturesque location. It is the River Lagan. I look out from the pier, admiring the beautiful river. I also have strangers passing by take my many photos, posing in front of the river. 

The next place I will be going to is Hillsborough Castle & Gardens. This is one of the many, many castles that can be found all throughout Northern Ireland and similarly, the Republic of Ireland. It's just one of those castles that seemingly have more castles than people. This place is really cool, and it's got some history attached to it, which is one of the things that attracted me to it. I have a pleasant walk around the castle and gardens. I look at the wonderful, blooming summer flowers. I wave to a friendly couple who seem to be on a date here. This would be a really cute place to go on a date to. I wouldn't regret taking a significant other of mine here some day. I think it would be a lot of fun as well. After snapping a few hundred selfies and nature photos at Hillsborough Castle & Gardens, I move onto my next location. I went to Mount Stewart, which is another one of those locations with a deep rooted history and has a beautiful scenery around it. There is also a lovely pond that has a few frogs and lily pads. It is quite peaceful out here, isn't it?

By the afternoon, I was getting hungry again, so I went to a restaurant. I decided to get some Italian food because I love myself some Italian food. I went to a restaurant called Villa Italia. I ordered delivery Italian cheese pizza. I also got some spaghetti. When my food arrived, I paid the delivery boy and signed the receipt, giving the delivery boy a 10% tip. I'm not sure how tipping works in Northern Ireland, but I tip no less than 10% and no more than that because I feel like it's good enough, even if the employee may not think so. I take my Italian food in and put it on the desk. I begin eating my delicious Italian food. Now, this tastes legit, ah I love it. When I finish eating, I throw out my garbage then relax for the rest of the afternoon. I plop down on my hotel bed and scroll through the thousands of photos I took in Belfast. Then, afterwards, I write down my journal entry for the day.

I finished writing my journal entry, then by the evening, I just relaxed for the rest of the day. I'm really liking my trip so far. I'm really excited to be seeing these other cities in Europe that vary drastically in culture, location, and overall vibe. I'm glad to have made two new friends as well. They have helped me adapt to this new scenery and made me feel at home, far from home.