Chapter 13

I'm so glad I get to see Jaemin in person again after all these months. It's felt like years since we've last seen each other. We've just been surviving by video calls and endless nights of texting each other. Now, he's back, and he wants to spend as much time with me as possible.
"I want. . . To take you to Korea." Jaemin said.
"You do? When?" I asked.
"When you're free, or have time." Jaemin said.
"You know, I meant to save money for a trip to Korea instead of Europe. I ended up going to Europe first I guess." I said.
"I want to show you Seoul. Where I work, where I live at the dorms. I want to show you everything." Jaemin said, really wanting to show me his daily life in Seoul.
"I'm down." I said.
"When can I take you?" Jaemin asked.
"Well, spring break was in March, and we're past that. I think my next long vacation is June. Early June to Mid-August I believe." I said.
"Okay, I can wait." Jaemin said.
"When were you planning to take me?" I asked.
"You next vacation." Jaemin said.
"Okay, so it's April right now. We just need to wait 2 months, then I can be finished with my spring semester and take the summer off for 10-11 weeks." I said.
"Yes~" Jaemin said, excited.

I'm so glad to have Jaemin back with me, but I'm so busy with college now, that I may not have time to spend a lot of time with him. I have to return to my class right now, wondering what I had missed while Jaemin was doing that whole thing in the hallway. I sat back down in my seat, asking my classmate next to me what I had missed while I was gone. She offered to give me her notes so I can take a picture of them and write them down later. I thanked her for being so nice, then I listened to the rest of my professor's lecture, or what was left of it at least. In the meanwhile, Jaemin wandered the lobby of my college, wondering what he should do. He went to one of the vending machines, deciding to get himself a candy bar to snack on. He puts in a few quarters then chooses a mocha + chocolate duo kit kat. The boy loves coffee and any time he can get coffee into his body, he takes it. Even if it's in a candy form. Jaemin sits at one of the tables, munching on his kit kat while waiting for me to finish my classes.

When I finish my classes for the day, I come out of the classroom to find Jaemin scrolling through his phone.
"Psst, Jaemin." I said, getting his attention.
"Oh, you're done already?" Jaemin asked.
"Yep." I said.
"커피 마시러 갈래요?" Jaemin asked(Wanna go get coffee?)
"네." I said(Sure)
"가자!" Jaemin exclaimed(Let's go!)
I lead Jaemin to my car and we drive from my college to the nearest Starbucks. In South Korea, as I heard from Jaemin, that there are basically a coffee shop on ever corner. It's not like that in America. As much as some Americans love coffee, we really should have more coffee shops.

We arrive at the Starbucks and walk into it. The smell of coffee just makes Jaemin the happiest lil bean. We walk up to the counter and I order a large mocha macchiato.
"Could I just get a grande caramel macchiato but instead of caramel, could you do a chocolate drizzle?" I asked.
"Of course, and for you?" The barista asked Jaemin.
"One venti 아 아, please." Jaemin said.
"I'm sorry what?" The barista asked.
"아 아 means iced Americano in Korean." I said.
"Oh~ okay, coming right up." The barista said in realization.
Even though Jaemin may not drink as much coffee as he used to, he still loves the occasional Starbucks Americano here and there.

Jaemin picks a table inside the Starbucks and I join him while we wait for our coffees to be made. My name is called, then I go to pick up our coffees, carrying it to our table. I place our coffees on the table and I take my seat. While drinking our coffees, we chatted about what we missed in each other's lives. Well, Jaemin already knows this, but I started college after taking a gap year. While Jaemin was having the time of his live promoting with NCT and NCT DREAM, I was busy studying. The contrast in our lives is really something. I'm glad that Jaemin is giving me a chance. I'm shocked that we even lasted this long as a long distance couple. I thought for sure since he's an idol, that we wouldn't last as long as we did, but Jaemin has definitely proven me wrong.

We finished our coffees, then I took Jaemin to my house. I just realized that my parents have never met Jaemin, nor the man who helped me get with Jaemin, Jaehyun. Today, I'll be introducing Jaemim to my parents. He came on the best day ever because it's a Friday today and my mom is off work and so I am, so it's a good day to meet my parents. I walk right into the house. My mom is watching TV, and I tell Jaemin to wait outside so as can prep my parents on meeting my boyfriend.
"Mom, dad. . . I have someone I want you to meet." I said.
"Who is it? Is it one of those Korean boys again?" Dad asked.
"I'll just let him introduce himself." I said, opening the door, letting Jaemin come into my house.
"NCT to the world! 안녕하세요, NCT DREAM의 재민입니다." Jaemin said(Hello, I'm NCT DREAM's Jaemin)
"No, no, no. Just a normal introduction, honey." I said.
"Oh, sorry. Hi, I'm Jaemin. I am her boyfriend." Jaemin said.
"Oh, so he can speak English?" Dad asked.
"Oh my gosh, dad." I groaned.
"I can speak English good." Jaemin said.
"Well, hi I'm Shelly's dad." Dad said.
"Hi, I'm Shelly's mom." Mom said.
"Nice to meet you." Jaemin said.
"Is he one of those boys on your wall?" Dad asked.
"You're embarrassing me." I said.
"That's my job." Dad joked.
"Do you have my album?" Jaemin asked.
"I have one. The Reload album." I said.
"Oh, good." Jaemin said, clapping his hands happily.
"So, he is a celebrity?" Mom asked.
"He's a K-pop idol." I said.
"That explains a lot." Dad said.
"Whatever." I said.