Chapter Four:

"You're saying, "It's hopeless that I should hope less"
Heaven can help us, well, maybe she might
You say "It's beyond us"
What is beyond us? Let's see and decide

We've been meteoric even before this
Burns half as long when it's twice as bright
So if it's beyond us, then it's beyond us
Let's see and decide"

Stargazing- Severo & Amelie

They walked together slowly through the fog. It had been a few months since Meliodas and Azrielle began traveling together. Neither spoke of her powers. Neither spoke of the bruises that had once donned her skin. And they both spoke about how beautiful the sky was every night.

"Meliodas, thank you for the shoes." The ashan haired beauty smiles shyly. It had taken him a while to break her out of her shell. At first, she would cry and tremble at the smallest thing he did.

Meliodas could tell he would have to be patient. Because whatever hell she had been through before, had almost broken her.

"Of course Angel," His response was cheerful as always.

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"Yeah sure, come over here." He wasn't going to listen to her, because to Meliodas she was an Angel. How long had he been surrounded by demons? How long had he been a prisoner to the darkness of his kin?

Azrielle was the first human he had befriended. Her golden eyes shined brighter than any he had ever seen before. She was undoubtedly an Angle, and he would have to protect her as so.

"It's- It's beautiful." Her eyes gazed up as he brought her closer to the cliff-side. They were on some of the only high ground in these woods, the few spots not covered in fog. A clear view of the galaxy was above them. They were so close to the sky, yet still so far away. The sight was- breathtaking. 

>>>

>>>

Our small party walks slowly through the forest, even as the fog thickens around us. My hands shake as I guide the way, trying not to be afraid.

The forest of White Dreams, I never thought it would look so hauntingly familiar. If it weren't for my fear, I would be more concerned about why I feel attached to this Earth.

"Hey Meliodas, are you sure about this? We've been out here three hours now. There's no sign of any animals, much less any humans." Hawk begins to reason, though I would guess it's more out of fear.

"You're right Hawk. Lady Arielle, are you sure we will be able to find one of the Seven Deadly Sins here?" I turn my head back to see Elizabeth looking rather worried too.

"I can feel them, Envy is somewhere near. It won't be much further." Hawk sighs while moving closer to me, "Well I heard that the only thing in this place is a terrifying monster. They lurk around here, watching- waiting-"